My grandaughter is now married and the video is on youtube

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ckball, Jul 10, 2009.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

Hello everyone- I have been gone for while as some of you may have known I am in PA and went to my grandaughters wedding. I posted the video on youtube

He is stationed in Germany and she will be leaving sometime in mid-to late August. It has been a very emotional few weeks and I am exhauseted, slept until 2pm today but it was worth every minute.

Hopefully now I can go back home and have some chill time myself, this is my second trip here in a month, 500 miles one way. Yep, memaw is tired. Hope you enjoy the ceremony, the judge did a good job and they look so cute, even I shed a tear myself. Carla
    [This Message was Edited on 07/10/2009]
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

That was a lovely setting, your granddaughter is lovely and your new grandson-in-law is handsome (not lovely!)!

I hope everything worked out as well as you'd hoped...

And I hope you can now get some rest!

all the best,
  3. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

I actually got to see it along with two other videos you made that I could not see before for some reason.

What a lovely wedding. The make a beautiful couple. May they have many wonderful years of marriage. You should be very proud. Haley is just beautiful and her new hubby very handsome ! It was so sweet !!

I also loved the video that you put together of Haley as well as for your daughter, for Mother's Day. They were really precious and well done.

Yes, now you can go home and try and REST !!!

Love to you,

4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Glad you had a wonderful trip. Yes, as everydobby says, get lots of rest. Tell
    Twyla and Missy to take care of the chores for a few days.

I visited the URL you posted. I mean, I tried to. I got a message saying it was
    not a valid address or something.

And then, something I found astonishing, underneath that was the e mail
    I sent to my sister in Rochester, MN, this morning. Now how could that possibly

This is more like witchcraft than science!

5. springwater

springwater Active Member

What a lovely couple! Bridegroom is handsome and Hayley is so beautiful and elegant.

Congratulations and best wishes to them for a long happy married life!

God Bless
  6. ckball

ckball New Member

Rock try it again my jusst going to my youtube channel

Thanks Julie, Spring, Grannie a Victoria- it was a very sweet and simple wedding.

well I am going to be on the road 9-10 hours, it's sat so leaving room for a yard sale or two and a few antique shops along the way

Thanks for taking the time to watch the video- Hopefully now I can have my life back and be here more often- Carla
  7. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Well, I tried Youtube again. Last couple months it just
    won't play videos for me at all, or it plays a few seconds.

Anyway I was able to see the first 44 seconds. I think the young people are so
    smart. The modern practice of pretending middle class people can spend like
    the Kennedy's or the Rockefeller's is just stupid.

One of the best weddings I ever went to took place in an avocado grove back
    in the 60s. The couple planned to build their house right were they were getting
    married. (The land belonged to one of the fathers.)

When my son was planning to get married, he and his finance took me to a big
    modern church made outta concrete. I thought it had all the ambiance and charm of
    a prison. The bride-to-be just loved it. She thought a $1000 fee was perfectly

I kept my mouth shut. When the actual wedding took place, it was in a small wooden
    church on the edge of town, surrounded by trees and flowers. Once again, I knew
    enuff to keep my mouth shut.

Hope you have a nice trip and don't overdo. I think it's a good idea to stop and smell
    the yard sales.

8. daylight

daylight New Member

What a beautiful couple! To be so young and in love is a blessing. =)
  9. mysticbrit

mysticbrit New Member

Hey Carla,

I wrote a whole response, telling you how lovely your grandaughter was and such a handsome groom, only to have it dissapear into cyberspace somewhere.

Anyway, I hope you have/had a safe trip home and can get that "chill time" you're yearning for.

Give the pooches some smooches from me and enjoy the memories of that beautiful day.

Sending best wishes to the new couple and hugs to you.

10. ckball

ckball New Member

Thank you so much, they really are happy and she can't wait to move to Germany, it will take 6 weeks at least to get all the paper work ready.

Mystic I hope you are doing well I haven't seen you in while, but I haven't been here much this past month.

It does feel good to be home and I relaxed all day yesterday and doing the same today- Thanks again for you thoughtful comments-Carla
  11. sisland

sisland New Member

Thanks for sharing the wedding video with us!,,,,It was a beautiful sweet and simple wedding!,,They look very happy togeather and beautiful too!,,,,,,,and wow! can Hallie sing!,,she should send a tape to Simon Cowell!

i couldn't help but notice how serious they were taking in everything the Judge said during the ceremony!,,,That's a good sign!,,Hugs!,,,sis
  12. ckball

ckball New Member

Thanks for watching but that Haley singing is not my Haley, but Marta's Haley, she was in a singing contest and I am not sure why it comes up next to mine. She won the contest and yep AI needs to see her, but she isn't old enough yet.

The funny thing about the wedding ceremony, early in it, Daniel sees a big hairy spider climbing up the post you see in the video, then Haley looked over and saw it too and wanted to scream but manged to keep herself composed. I didn't know this until I was watching the video with them. Hope you and the kids and babies are doing well-Carla
  13. sues1

sues1 New Member

Your grand daughter is lovely, what a handsome couple they are.

Blessings to all.........Susan