My HAIR Is Growing Again!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by RENA0909, May 8, 2010.

1. RENA0909

RENA0909 New Member

I Suffered tremendous hair loss 12 years ago after surgery and the hair under my armpits just STOPPED growing altogether!

Since then I have hated my hair and going out in the wind is a nightmare!So thin is upset me.

But 2 MONTHS ago I was in the health store and I asked the girl about hair loss.

She recommended SILICA 2500 High Strength.It is horsetail herb extract.

As I have tried all kinds of supplements for fibro problems over the years I thought I would give it a go.

It was only last week that I noticed the hair under my armpits has begun to regrow!!!
    Also I have hair growing on my KNEES?? and legs!

I have not had much hair falling out or in my brush so I am going to keep using this and see how I go.

I dont know about the hairy knees tho lol!

I am just letting you guys know what it did for me in case anyone wants to try it .
    The new hair is like the fine downy hair on a baby. is so inexpensive!!!!!!£5 for a month.(Not sure how much in dollars)

I hope to be like LADY GODIVER SOON....... or Rapunzel!!

Take care

Rena UK

[This Message was Edited on 05/08/2010]
  2. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

I take zinc and sellinium and it helps. I also only wash my hair every other day and that helps some.

I'm glad that the supplement is helping you. I understand what it is like to have thin hair.
  3. harboreen

harboreen Member

YAY! good for you! That's awesome to hear.
    I know how scary it can be to lose your- to see it falling out while combing it, cleaning it up off the floor, hanging onto your clothing or off of it... just finding it everywhere!
    I've dealt with it....seems it goes in spurts but one spurt lasted forever! yikes- I feared baldness big time. Thankfully it's stopped now but I never lost to the degree it sounds like you did. I'm happy for you because I do understand the stress of it all. so- better go get some razors so you can shave those under arms! lol
    wouldn't it great if we could control where it grew, heheee.....well, there are ways to do that- such as hair extentions but it cost some bucks to do that- besides -I hear it really hurts to sleep on extentions and we don't need that- so they can have them!
  4. RENA0909

RENA0909 New Member

I liked the HEY HAIRY LOL!
    I hope this is going to help me so I can get myself out and about again.

Here in the UK we get horrible weather most of the time and the wind is what I hate!!

In my family we all tend to have high foreheads and when the wind blows I look like my baldy brother!!!!!!!!!!! lol!
    I may save some of my armpit hair and post it to you for extensions lol!

Take care
  5. RENA0909

RENA0909 New Member

I think the stress of my op and the infection I suffered afterwards caused the hair loss but my op was 12 years ago.

I know so many women with fibro suffer with hair loss and I think that is the cause of why mine never grew back!

My extremely thick hair just went ....... to thin /wispy/horrible hair that even made my head feel really cold and painful!I have to wear a hat in the house because I get so cold (even with heating on).

I just think hope that the success I am having at the moment with Silica 2500 plus will continue to help me.

Will let you all know soon.

6. SquidWrath

SquidWrath New Member

Did you change any other habits in your diet or supplementary intake during that time? I have VERY severe fibromyalgia and have been losing my hair for a while and the doctor sad it was from the intense pain. I would really love to try this supplement of yours!

Thanks for the suggestion!

[This Message was Edited on 05/14/2010]
  7. RENA0909

RENA0909 New Member

I have only had the hair growth since I started the Silica 2500.I forgot to say.....My hair went CURLY like a perm after that op and it was so wispy and not a nice perm.

I think it was shock to my body but I dont think it will ever go straight again the way it was.

But if this helps me get some thickness and body back I will be delighted.I will keep you all informed.I might have to start plucking my eyebrows again lol.

8. LdyM

LdyM New Member

What's you're dosage Rena? I need help too!!

9. brains

brains Member

Hi RENA I would like to know what brand you use and also where to go to buy this since you did not supply either.I have tried but most carry 500mg..Would like to thank you for sharing this important information!!

10. dzlady

dzlady New Member

So that's why when I sweep my bathroom floor I end up with something that looks like a blonde hairball. I've not been diagnosed long and am learning so much from this board. I had no idea that my hair loss was from my FM. I just thought I was losing hair because of the aging process.

Thanks for posting this and I will also look into Silica.

11. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

You could very well be losing your hair because of the aging process. Hormones affect hair loss and it isn't uncommon for women's hair to thin out as they age. I sweep up a hair ball every week from my hair, however, I don't have FM.
  12. RENA0808

RENA0808 Member

I have not been on here lately so I just wanted to update you on my hair growing!!

The supplement I take is Silica Plus and the brand name (here in the UK) is KORDELS.

It contains zinc and vitamin B and is a food supplement for hair and nails.

Just found a
    I have found it to really helps me with hair growth as I have tried all kinds of things before and never had any success.
    It is so cheap as a supplement that if you try it and it works then great!

I will continue with it because I have more hair now than I have had in years!My hair is thicker(although not as heavy as it used to be) and I dont mind that I have to shave my armpits again and my legs more often !

Hope this helps someone!

13. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I did not know hair loss was a symptom of Fibro! Do others experience this as well???

I lose tons of hair! They put me on thyroid meds - that hasn't helped at all. My hair is still falling out like crazy. The amount that comes out while I'm in the shower is scary, let alone what is in my hairbrush and on my clothes etc.
  14. wacquiebob

wacquiebob New Member

Yes, hair loss does come with the disease. I had enough hair on my head for 3 people at one time and now I barely have enough peach fuzz to cover. I had scalp biopsies done which showed scarring alopecia. Meaning that the hair loss is permanent. The biopsy showed white cells attacking my hair follicles like they were a foreign substance instead of a part of my body.
  15. RENA0808

RENA0808 Member

Hi wacquiebob

I can only say how this supplement that I use has helped me!
    I have very hairy legs and arms but also more hair in my head si I dont mind shving my legs lol.
    This supplement is so cheap that if it does not work for you then you will not lose money!

Just try it out.