My head is killing me.Someone got a really BIG aspirin?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sheila1366, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

Man my head hurts so bad I feel sick.Never been sick to my stomach from a headache.I am gonna call husband and have him come home from the firestation.

I have been having pain in my head and heck.I have an MRI Sunday.

Got a cortisone shot in left shoulder today thanks to inflamation from impingment.

My Raynauds is so bad.Dr. called i cream to apply to my finger tips.I it medication usually given to heart patitents to open up vessels.And this stuff makes yo dizzy and sleepy.Found that out today.

My orthopedic dr. is so helpful.I asked her abou the bruising I get when I exercise.She thinks in has something to do with the vascular system like the raynauds.

I am falling apart everyone.

But you know what I did.I went and bought me a box of russel stouffers chocolates.They were on sale.And thats right I ate the good ones.Not all of them.

well I am gonna call husband.I hate to be alone and in this kind od pain not to mention Carrie is having problems with her legs.SHe has more tests coming up to check her pituartory gland.

I 'll check back in hopefully tomorrow unless I am hugging the porcelean throne.Yuk!

Much Love,
    Sheila
  2. JLH

JLH New Member

What are you doing for your headache now?

Have you tried ice on your forehead or at the base of your neck?

Hope it gets better soon.

Hugs,
    Janet
  3. marw

marw New Member

First, if you have Migraine, eating chocolate is the worst thing you can do. I love it too, butit is a big no-no.

Try this, if you do not have any Imitrex med (or other triptan meds around...you need prescription for those).........Run the bath tub full of hot water as hot as you can stand it! While doing this, make a big pot of very black coffee. Fill some baggies with ice cubes. Take the coffee to the bathroom with you, take some asprin with it (it you are allowed asprin) get in the tub, turn out the light first, and put the ice on your head, keep moving ice to where the pain is.

What does this do? THe hot water pulls the blood from your head to your extremeties, the asprin and caffeine thin your blood, and the ice shrinks the blood vessels in your head which are swollen with blood--the cause of the pain. Stay in the tub for about 20 minutes or however long it takes. (Actually I have spent the day there, but hopefully you will get relief sooner).

My deepest sympathy. Headaches are the pits!

Margaret

P.S You might want to see your doc about the Imitrex stat dose (shot)....works in 10 minutes, and kills a headache cold!
  4. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

Boy last night was rough.I finally was able to sleep after taking amuscle relaxer,a trazadone and a klonopin.I could not sleep on the back of my head.And I slept til 12:30 this evening.I never do that.But I was so very tired.Was very tired the whole day yesterday even before the headache hit.

A few years ago I use to have really bad headaches in the top of my head.The headaches started with a bell's palsey episode.My balance was very poor and vision was not good at all.I have never had trouble with my vision.
    Back when those headaches were everyday I did have one that I would have to say was my worst headache ever.The one I had yesterday had to have been the second worse.

I go my mri tom.Dr. thinks herniated disk in neck maybe.I think it could be coming from a possible torn rotator cuff.I had to get another shot in that shoulder yesterday.I wonder how much a torn rototare cuff would make your head and neck hurt?

Well I am gonna see how today goes.So far just a twinge of a headache but the neck pain gets worse as the day goes by.

Isn't life just grand?NOT!

Sheila