my honey wants to take me away for a few days

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by campbeck97, Dec 9, 2008.

1. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

Hi I was wondering if I should go, my husband of 38 yrs want to take me on a litlle get away trip for a couple days...to celebrate his birthday and our annivserary. I just worry about the effects of traveling means on my body , sometimes a little pleasure time away wracks me with pain for weeks after. It probabely would be fun eating out all meals,or room service, do a little gambling and see some new country. Should I go for it???lol Hes trying to be sweet.Bless his heart he has to put up with so much with me, never complaining except he would like to take me out of the house more. I am sick ,most of the time and just rot in this house unless I absolutely have to get out. Give me your vote on this yes or no. Thanks
  2. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Talk about a fun place to go--maybe someplace not too far away that you both can enjoy.

We all have so many responsiblities and have to put up with so much day to day stuff.

Yes you may suffer for it, but please take the opportunity and go for it.

Have a great time!!!!
  3. quanked

quanked Member

Beadlady, only you know what your capacities are and how you feel after you have over extended yourself. Is the cost too high for you?

I have given up on going places at times because I was in a flare or I knew that the event would be too taxing. I am sad sometimes that i have missed out but I have never regretted not going. But I do not pass up everything. I have a good day or 2 now and then.

There have been times when I overspent my time and energy only to pay a too high price. And I have regretted some of those times. However, for me, there have been times when I was willing to pay the price.

Congrats on having a kind husband. Only you know if you can afford the cost. But have a nice time no matter what you choose.
  4. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

Go and have a wonderful time! I understand where you are coming from about your worries. Take rest stops along the way. Make sure to take meds along. And who says you have to leave the room-snuggle,snuggle!! If they have a hot tub,and your able, soak in it with hubby. Get a massage while your there, both of you at the same time in the same room, and call room service! Just enjoy each other.
  5. luv2float

luv2float New Member

My vote is yes, go for it, don't worry about whether this or that will happen or not happen. A change of scenery will do you good. Give yourself a break and your husband too. I've found that when I do get to do anything, I usually feel better cause I'm not focused on my pain but on my husband.

Yes, you might feel worse after getting home but you can never replace the memories you will make.

We can't stop living, loving or laughing. Have fun and Happy Holidays.
  6. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

I made the hotel reservations and getting my bags packed, I'm getting out of town! Yeah the more I thought about it the better it sounded, I can choose to do a few fun things or sit in this house day after day. I choose life (and of course alot of pain meds)! My husband has put up with this diease that I have since 1997 ansd never complains, always understanding, loving and supporting. I am very blessed to have him. We will be married 38 years on Dec. 31-08.I married him when I just turned 16. I'd say hes a keeper, he truely does deserve a healthly wife but thats just not the way it worked out.Thanks again for answering my post. God Bless
  7. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Glad you're going! Don't let this 'stuff' rob you of a wonderful time with your sweetheart!
    You'll make the necessary accommodations if you need to (a little nap here and there).
    I'll tell you, my husband and I went away last summer. I felt WONDERFUL. Hot sun, walked in the lazy river everyday, laid by the pool, gambled =), I was even able to walk more than I ever have, ordered room service. I couldnt' believe how good I felt. I think getting rid of the daily stress really helped me out.

Now if I could find a way to be on vacation every day.....

Have a fabulous fabulous time!! Rekindle some romance!!
  8. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

I'd go and be damned with what happens when you get back. I know that travelling just about kills me for days...weeks, but I'm not going to give up things I enjoy.

I would do the same... you and your hubby deserve it. Congrats on the anniversary!

Eileen
  9. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

Thanks to all and you are so encouraging , you guys really understand (thats just something most of my family just cant get) except for my dear hubby, and I dont tell him all the crazy things I go through the list would be to long and strange, and change from one thing to the nextyou know what i mean.Anyway love you, God Bless and Merry Christmas to All in case that slips my mind later.lol
  10. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

Last summer, I had a nice break from my symptoms...not quite a remission but i was able to do more....so if you are feeling good, go...

i am now flattened in bed...in northern mn...with a blizzard blowing outside....my pain is terrible and there is no way i could go on a trip....i couldn't even pack....so, i KNOW there is no way....

if you are wondering if you can handle it, you probably can! you would know it, if it was out of the question
  11. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I tried to 'wiggle' out of a short trip with DH several years ago. My pain was kicking!

At the very last minute, I said yes. Busted my rear trying to throw everything together. After complaining about the uncomfortable jet seats, I ended up having a wonderful, and special time with DH. I took heating bads, soft blankets and pillows and put bedspread under the sheets to make it more cushioned.

We ate in, and did get out too. I was extremely tired after the trip, but I just rested. It was certainly worth it!

Have a wonderful time! Don't be hard on yourself should you choose not to go either!

Kim