My house burned down tonight

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ckball, Jan 10, 2010.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

actually it is still burning-I am ok anad at a neighbor's and a freind is coming to get me to go to her house- I just wanted you to know I will be gone awhie-it was a total loss, even my car
    Please pray for Missy as I can't find her, but Twy is ok- I will check in tomorrow-Carla
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear this. You had done such a tremendous job of remaking
    that house.

I'm glad to hear you and Twyla are OK. I hope Missy just ran away cause she
    was frightened and will show up tomorrow.

The car and the shed and the golf cart? Everything? Oh, my. This is terrible!

Sending good thoughts your way. If I were a little closer I could bring something
    tangible like a blanket and a casserole and some doggy treats.

3. stick2013

stick2013 Member

I am so sorry to hear this...Please stay safe....I know that this must be awful for you thinking of how much you have lost, and that it will be hard to replace and start over again......You have been through a lot in the past few years....

Please hang in there......try to be strong.....
  4. Marta608

Marta608 Member

How horrible! Carla, I'm so, so sorry to hear this. I'm thankful you're OK and will pray for Missy. Please check in when you can.

5. springwater

springwater Active Member

Totally shocked to hear.

I am relieved to know you are okay and also Twyla. Praying Missy is just run off and wil appear soon.

Sending you loving thoughts, pls take care of yourself

god bless
  6. jole

jole Member

I can't imagine how you must feel right shock, I imagine. Thinking about this makes me sick to my stomach, and I'd give anything to be there hugging you and helping you through this. Your home was such a big extension of you..Rock's many hours of love and labor there, beautiful artwork, and a peaceful atmosphere. I know telling you that it was "just" a house is totally rediculous, so I won't :).

Please let others be strong for you for a few days as you absorb all this and collect your thoughts/emotions. Remember to put yourself first and rest (if you can) so it doesn't get you totally down.

Carla, you've been here for all of us through difficult times, and now it's our turn to be here for you. Please remember we're your friends, and will do anything to help! I wish I were could move in with us!

I love you sweetie...hang in'll get better! Prayers for Missy and you!......Jole
  7. sisland

sisland New Member

I'm so sorry to hear this!!,,,You and Twy and Missy are in my prayers!!,,love Sis
  8. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

I am sooo sorry to hear about losing your home. I hope you can find Missy ( I think that was the one you couldn'd fine). So glad that you are Twy are OK. I will pray for all to be back to somewhat normal soon. What a terrible tragedy but so glad you are OK.

Years ago we had a terrible fire in our home in NY when I was a child. It was awful but thankfull they could fix it and it wasn't a total loss. It was still terrible.

Come back and let us know how you all are when you can,.

God bless you ! ((((Carla))))

[This Message was Edited on 01/11/2010]
  9. ckball

ckball New Member

I am writting threw the tears here after reading all your responses, you are such wonderful and caring souls.

I am waiting for the rental co to bring me a car then I need to go look for Missy, bank, meds, you name. I will be staying in a hotel and my boss is loaning her old laptop to me but not sure about the hotel with wireless.

My house, car and everything but the sheds and cart golf cart are gone, just flattened. I do not know what I am going to do yet. One of my neighbors has wanted to buy my land and I may do that and buy a house somewhere else. I will think on this for a few days and see what is available in double wides as I can't rebuild my house, not would I build another one. I just want to move into something already done.

Thank you all and I will be in touch as I can-my car is here so I gotta to go- Bless all of you and I have been leaning on my freinds and they have been there. My boss got me a suitcase full of clothes, coats, ext. Someone else is giving clothes and shoes too. You are my family and and so thankfull you are here- hugs and love Carla
  10. GreenOnions

GreenOnions New Member

I hope you find Missy safe and sound. You and Twy and Missy are in our prayers.

11. spacee

spacee Member

You certainly didn't need this to happens (who does) but when one is sick.

Hoping, praying you will get back on your arrangements.

And that Missy is safe..

12. victoria

victoria New Member

Carla, how awful, I am so sorry - I know you worked so hard on that house... plus all your art etc. But of course the most important thing is I hope you find Missy, glad you and Twyla are ok... 'things' are replaceable, but not ourselves/family/BFs.

I hope your insurance treats you well .... a friend of mine had the same exact thing happen many years ago and ended up with a better house after rebuilding in same place. Hopefully the insurance will let you take the replacement money and go elsewhere, not a bad idea to move as your view was being ruined by the development across the street anyway... but, so sad after all the work you put into it.

Hope you find Missy most of all!

all the best,

LEFTYGG Member

I m so sorry Carla that is awful. i know how hard youve worked on your place. surely your dog is okay have you checked area vets and pound.

im glad youre ok how did it start were you home please keep us gail
  14. sisland

sisland New Member

I Know i already posted but This is such a huge and sad event!,,,May God bless and keep you and help you every step of the way,,,,,I'm with you on the getting a home that is already set up to move into!,,,I'm praying for you!,,,(((Hugs)))),,,sis

15. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

My heart is breaking for you. What a horrible tragedy to happen to you. I can't even find the words to express to you my sorrow for what has happened.

I am so very thankful though that you and Twy got out of the house safely. I like many of the others on this board wish that we lived closer so that we could help you. I'm sure you will find Missy soon.

Remember that my husband is an expert at dealing with insurance companies with this type of tragedy. If we can help with that or anything else please get in touch.

I pray for strength for you. Please don't forget that if there is anything that me or my family can do, please let us know.

I hope you can feel the love and concern from everyone.
  16. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

Please know that you are in my prayers. Praying too that you find Missy really soon.

17. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

My heart is breaking for you and this awful, awful tragedy. I can't imagine how you must have felt watching this happen.

But the fact that you're alive and well is a blessing to all of us....a house and things can all be rebuilt/ as a friend can not.

Know that our thoughts and prayers are with you yet again during this difficult time....

Any news on Missy?

18. ckball

ckball New Member

The fireman found Missy under my bed yesterday. I have had my "moments" but am staying strong for Twy. She is my strengh right now. When I went to the house yesterday and saw there was nothing standing I lost it and then Twy freaked out so I had gather myself again.

I have so much to do but I am set up in a suite at a very nice hotel, the pool is across the hall from my room. I have a mirowave, fridge, ect. The people here were so great last night when I checked in.

I can't tell you what it means to me how you all have come here to support me. I am on the hotel "guest" computer but am ordering a laptop today to shop overnight and will check in more in a fee days.

I have to rebuild my life one step at a time, I have nothing, no ID, ins cards, nothing. I didn't have time to grab my purse I had to get out.

I am fully covered and am ok money wise, but nothing will bring my Missy girl and Smitten back :-( Thank you all again I have to meet my agent so have to go- Love Carla
  19. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

sad news. At first I though you meant they found Missy under the bed but alive.
    Your heart must be breaking. And Smitten gone too.

Sometimes life is just too much and too cruel. All I can say is don't try and do
    too much at one time, but you already know that.

Gentle hugs.

20. mysticbrit

mysticbrit New Member

I have no words to make this nightmare tolerable but please know that you are in my prayers. I'm so sad about Missy, I had hoped she was outside hiding somewhere. For now you'll just need to take comfort in knowing that Missy is waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge and you'll be together again one day.

I wish there was something I could do for you. You've brought us all so much joy here with your videos and art.

Don't try to make all your decisions right away. Take some time to digest this trauma before you try to rebuild you life.

Picture all of us giving you hugs and holding your hand throughout this nightmare.