My husband bought Light Relief...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nanna4550, Nov 17, 2006.

1. nanna4550

nanna4550 New Member

as seen on TV. We just got it a week ago.

I haven't noticed a change really in my muscle soreness but it seems to be helping in the removal of my salivary stones. My face has swelled up twice on one side and once on the other. The big stone is still there, but I'm going to keep putting the light relief on it because it appears to be shrinking.

I'm hopeful because I don't want to have my paratid glands removed and that was the ENT's solution. Do you believe it??? And he didn't want to remove both at once, so we're talking 2 surgeries. No way!! Only as a last resort.

Say a prayer for me, please. I guess I should post on the worship message board.

Thanks, Nanna

2. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

what light relief are you referring to?
    my daughter has had the stones before I know how painful they can be,I pray that yousrs will go away my daughter finnally cleared up.
    sixtyslady
    [This Message was Edited on 11/18/2006]
  3. nanna4550

nanna4550 New Member

It's a hand held infrared light. My husband saw it advertised on TV and was so sweet to buy it for me for my muscle pain.
    I just happened to try it on my Salivary glands that have been acting up for some time now with the purpose of increasing the circulation to that area.
    I have also been trying to increase my water intake as much as possible.
    I feel for your daughter, and will keep you informed of my progress. The large stone still seems to be shrinking- I am thrilled.
    Nanna
  4. Jillian40

Jillian40 New Member

Hello Nanna -

What a loving gesture from your hubby! Tell him I said so! I will say a prayer for you right now that your salivary gland will be healed with this new treatment. Don't give up. Use it regularly, it just may do the trick.

I just this minute watched the infomercial you are referring to ... how funny! I looked the product up on
    the internet under it's name dot com.

The cost is somewhat reasonable, IF it does what it is reported to do. I am guessing that it would provide the pain relief of a heating pad but with this infra-red type of heat to increase circulation. I was just wondering if I should save my pennies to consider buying it. I need something at work to get me through the day. I hate taking narcotic pain killers around my students as it dulls my senses a little.

I would be interested to hear more about how it works for you. Let me/us know if it helps your pain too.

Soft gentle hugs,
    Jillian
  5. nanna4550

nanna4550 New Member

I have used the light relief on my shoulder pain and I could feel the knots unwind- I was amazed. I've never felt that with a heating pad and today shoulder feels better than it did.
    If you search it out, you can get the identical product for about half what you would pay on the website from the TV mercial. I saw it for $49.95.
    Another salivary stone came out over Thanksgiving and my right side feels better, but there is still a stone on the left side. I cancelled my surgery date, but I don't know how many more stones I can stand.
    I'll keep using it and I'll keep trying it on my many sore spots too and keep you posted.
    I'll tell my sweety what you said, too. Thanks. nanna