My husband had a stroke and a heart attack

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Line, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Line

Line New Member

Ihave not been on the board for almost two weeks, lots of posts to catch up on.

My husband was doing yard work came in and said he was going to shower, he called me and I found him leaning against the wall he said he felt light headed and severe pain down his left arm. I helped him into bed took his b/p it was 60/21 and pulse 53 and irregular. I called 911 against his will and he was air lifted to a med. center.The emt said he was in heart block but than went into the attack.

He did have a previous heart attack a year ago and had two stents, evidentally the one blocked, they did a cath and could not open it so did emergency by- pass. He had what they termed a mild stroke while the cath was being done.

Within 6 months prior to his first attack he had a stress test and a thallium stress one and passed both.This time he had a mylo-view stress and passed with flying colors two weeks prior to his attack.

I had read an article about ear lobe creases being a sign of cad, he had them before the first attack and after the stents they were gone, about three months ago I saw they were back. The cardios are not putting much stock in this theory but I sure am.

He is home and has a rn coming in three times a week, plus a pt and a occupational therapist three times also. I see much improvement in the affected arm from the stroke.

I know you gals will be praying for us and I thank you.

Love, Linda

2. PianoGirl

PianoGirl New Member

that your husband has been through so much recently. I will keep both of you in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care

Lis
  3. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I am so glad that your husband had you and that you knew what to do. You are a hero.

I am thankful that he is better and I hope you find time now to take care of yourself.

Will you please explain about the creases on the ear lobe or tell me where to find the info? I just noticed that I have these strange new creases on mine and wondered why they came about. I attributed it to age but they happened so quickly. I would appreciate any info that you may have.

4. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Linda,

Oh sweetie, I am so sorry to hear about your hubby! But very glad you made it through ok and knew what to do. I will keep your hubby and you in my prayers.

Hugs,
    E
  5. I do hope your husband continues to improve. My prayers go out to him and yourself .
  6. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Glad hubby is home and improving...

Prayers going up...

Peaceful days ahead~Alicia
  7. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

You both have been through a lot.

Praying for you, fondly, June
  8. achy

achy New Member

Thank God he is home a feeling better!! Enjoy each other.
    achy
  9. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Prayers and good thoughts to both of you, Linda. How fortunate he was to have had you there.

Marta
  10. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Hi Linda,

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. That must have been a scary experience for both of you. I'm glad he is home and you are seeing improvement. I had heard about the ear lobe theory and I am always checking my husband's ear lobes. He has so many of his mother's features and similarities and she died of a heart attack.

I pray that your husband continues to improve and that your health will not be affected by this stressful situation.

Lolalee
  11. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I am so sorry about your husband you are in our prayers.
    Hang in there
  12. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

So glad your husband is home and showing signs of improvement...

Take care of yourself and him

Thoughts and prayers are with you both

Tami
  13. Line

Line New Member

I did read some info on the web about these ear creases being a sign of cad, but not sure where, try web md.

My husband creases looked like someone was pushing his ear lobe together, they were deep, the ran from the bottom of his ear to the bottom of the lobe. hope I described it well enough. There were in the area where you would have your ears pierced and ran up and down. there is just a line there now.

Thank you everyone for your love, your prayers and being there.

Love, Linda
  14. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I am so very sorry and my thoughts and prayers are with you.

I just passed a myoview with flying colors also but the doctor said they were only good for a few weeks in any case.

I wish you both all the best and thank God you called the ambulance.

You must be exhausted. Take care of yourself and healing to your DH.

Love Anne
  15. pam_d

pam_d New Member

My goodness, what quick and life-saving thinking on your part, though! He's still here because you acted fast.

I will pray for his speedy recovery!

Hugs,
    Pam
  16. kbak

kbak Member

Linda,
    Praying for your husband. Something like that has to be truly frightening.

kbak
  17. angelstapleton

angelstapleton New Member

I just wanted to say I really sorry about your husband . My Uncl passed away friday night or saterday moring. He did not show up for work so they went looking for him and he was in bed and passed away.
    I very glad you were home for your husband , And I will pray for both of you. Stay stronge he will need you and do not over do it . God sure wants him there for you so take as a bellsing.
    Peace to you and you husband. My God always watch over the 2 of you .
    Angel
  18. Andrea4

Andrea4 New Member

good thoughts and some prayers being sent your family's way!
  19. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I will be praying for him to feel better soon. I am sure you were scared to death over all of this.

When I wake up in the mornings I have a crease in my ear lobe. Never thought anything about it.

Sending good thoughts to you, your husband, and your family.

Hugs,
    Faye
  20. daylight

daylight New Member

I'm praying for you and your husband.
    Keep strong.
    D.<{{{><