My husband has Alzheimer and is 57 yrs old

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jeanna, Dec 9, 2002.

1. Jeanna

Jeanna New Member

I am looking for someone who also has a family member who also has A.D. and is about the age group as my husband. I also have 2 daughters 18 and 20 who are having trouble dealing with their dads illness..hope to hear from someone soon..jeanna
  2. Jeanna

Jeanna New Member

I am looking for someone who also has a family member who also has A.D. and is about the age group as my husband. I also have 2 daughters 18 and 20 who are having trouble dealing with their dads illness..hope to hear from someone soon..jeanna
  3. teach6

teach6 New Member

I think you may have accidentally clicked on the wrong board. This is the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia Board. While most of us have days when our brains are so foggy we may feel like we have Alzheimer's, I don't know of anyone here in that situation.

I'm truly sorry that you are having to deal with this awful disease, especially with your daughters so young. A rather young man in my church recently died from Alzheimer's and I know it was very difficult for the family to deal with at his age. They eventually had to move him to a longterm care facility.

Good luck as you deal with this.

Barbara
  4. Sus

Sus New Member

My mom also had AD at an early age..started about the
    time she went thru menopause and progressed...at that
    time appeared to be mental problems..by age 71 she was
    to the point she didn't know me/where she was..passed
    away suddenly with heart attack...sorry for you..this is
    a very difficult thing for the caregiver...they do not
    feel a lot of pain or discomfort...so take care of you.
  5. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

Hi..Just wanted to let you know that there is a great ALZ board here..Just scroll up to message boards and click on the Alz. one..I go there too, because my mother is in a NH with dementia..The people are great there..There is someone on there that is only 47 with Alz..
    Sorry to hear about your husband..Wishing you the best..
    Take Care........Donna