My husband is home from the hospital NEW UPDATE

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bevy2most, Mar 5, 2008.

1. bevy2most

bevy2most New Member

He was admitted around 4 am Monday. We found out that it is his gall bladder, thank goodness because he was complaining about his chest as well. He will have to have surgery either tonight or tomorrow. He had a cat scan with contrast and his gall bladder didn't show up-meaning that it is either blocked or badly damaged.

I had to come home to take care of my son and niece, so I thought I would let all of you know what is going on.
    I will be heading back shortly.

His family is such a blessing they have been there almost the whole time as well.

I will keep you posted.

Hello my fellow porchies, I don't have time to stop in but am thinking of all.....
    [This Message was Edited on 03/05/2008]
    [This Message was Edited on 03/06/2008]

My poor hubby can't catch a break he has been running a fever of 102 all day. Doc said that he is not coming home at least until tomorrow.....Thanks again to all...Bevy[This Message was Edited on 03/07/2008]
    [This Message was Edited on 03/07/2008

Thanks again to all, he got home about 10pm last night. His fever finally broke. I spent the morning with my son at the dr. he has an ear infection, so things never stop around here. Thanks to all again.
    [This Message was Edited on 03/10/2008]
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

AND that you have such good support from family, that is so important...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband!

all the best,

3. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

Both your hubby and you are in my thoughts and prayers tonight. Keep us posted.

4. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Bevy, your Husband will be in my prayers that his surgery is successful. Also, i will prayer for you to have the energy to make it through all this.

Take care sweety, love ya.

5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hope hubby recovers w/ no complications. Isn't this the surgery that can be done w/ just 2 or 3 little incisions nowadays?

6. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I had gallbladder surgery a few years back, I was out of hospital the next day and recovered really quickly. Two small incisions and that was that.

I hope your husband has as quick a recovery as I had.

7. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

that your husband is having surgery for his gallbladder. I will be thinking about him and your family at this time. I hope God is taking notes (-: cause I have so many I need to pray for at this time.

Blessings to you , your husband and your family at this time. I am sure the surgery will go well for him.

8. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Hope your husband's surgery was a success and that he will be feeling better soon.

Please let us know how he is progressing.

9. bevy2most

bevy2most New Member

My husband had his surgery this afternoon, he ended up getting 4 insicions, one of them being a litte longer than intended due to the fact that his gall bladder was 4 times the size that it should have been. The dr. also said that gang green started to set in.... yuck. Hopefully he will be home tomorrow, but the doc wasn't to sure.

Thanks again,

I need to nap......
  10. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Glad he made it through surgery ok..

Take care of yourself..
  11. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Glad that your husband is through with the surgery and hope

that indeed he is allowed to go home tomorrow (today)! Glad

that it is over for him other than the discomfort of the

healing process. Gall Bladder can be very painful in many

cases I understand! You attempt to get some rest too! We'll

"cover" for ya on the PORCH!

12. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Good Morning-
    I'm happy to hear your husband made it through surgery and everything turned out well.
    Wishing him a quick and painless recovery - and you - lots of rest! - Don't forget to take care of yourself too!
  13. jole

jole Member

Hoping your hubby has a good day today. Darn, it seems like once gangrene sets in it takes longer to recover, especially if they nick the gallbladder or some spills out.

Maybe they can get his infection stopped today and he will get to be home soon. I know even with the easier surgery it's still fairly painful for some people, so hope he does well.

Take good care of yourself so you can be there for him later!
  14. bevy2most

bevy2most New Member

so this will be short. DH fever finally broke, I just left hospital and he called temp is a great 98.9 yea!!! The nurses said that he has to be 24 hrs without fever to come home. So I don't know if that means 24 from now or on Sunday. Tomorrow sil is taking children for the night, she said that I don't look so good, but amazing enough I am just super tired.

Update more tomorrow,

Thanks for the well wishes and prayers again Thanks Thanks Thanks,
  15. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

through someone's mouth different from when i had mine out...big cut....

he will be fine...

16. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

I hope he comes home soon and gets better soon!

17. bevy2most

bevy2most New Member

I didn't realize that if you edit the post, that it doesn't bump it, so for all that have been so wonderful, my first message has all of the new info in.

Big hugs 0000000