My Husband solved another problem and helped get rid of the pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by carebelle, Jul 30, 2006.

1. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Well I have been in pain for months and complained to my Doctor who did nothing for me.

My husband again stepped in to help me. Hes a PA and wrote me a prescription for Tetracycline because I have been in so much pain from my ovary .

I could feel it Knotted up for months. Well I started the Antibiotic last week and like always have been running a low grade fever. Anyhow all night I hurt and was sick .

Around 2:30 this morning I broke a fever and I felt the pain and Knot in my right side release. I got up at 7 and the pain and knot are gone.

I called my husband at work to thank him and he said I must have had a (to long to write) infection. I told this Doctor this over and over She wouldn't lesson.

I am so mad .I do Thank God for my husband, but I feel bad for someone who doesn't have him at home to help. These Doctors have ignored me time after time and I am sick of it.

When we move and I know they can not fire him I'm going to the Hospital Commanded and tell him what I think of my group of Doctors.

Sure all my blood work came back clear like always but I was in PAIN shouldn't that Doctor have done something? At least put me on an Antibiotic like my husband did? This is outrageous that the only care I get thats worth anyhing is from him.

We try not to have him DX my problems because hes family and they frown on that but Thank God he did this time .He thinks I have had an infection all along and need to be treated .So he perscribed the tetracycline .Thats the only one I can take.

2. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Good morning sweetie!

I was SO happy to read this post! I know from nursing school that if a client complains of pain the doc is supposed to adress the issue, no matter what, even if they suspect a person is an addict.

I don't know that your PCP would be intelligent enough to Rx an antibiotic, but SOMETHING should have been Rx'd!
    I'm very glad you are feeling better!

Take care Hon!

Hugs,
    "E"
  3. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I think they should have perscribed something to.
    I know they just do not beleave me EVER it is so frustrating specially when I'm in worse pain then normal.

I think I'm going to just go in and blow up one day .I have seen 4 different Doctors for problems none helped me.The only thing they did was take blood.

I hope you are getting some rest how are you feeling after the weekend?
  4. angellwolffe

angellwolffe New Member

i'm happy that your husband stepped in. after months and months of doctors not listening to me, the rheumy i went to last week took a urinalysis just for kicks, he said. Well they found i have an infection and i start on antibiotics tomarrow. I tried and tried to tell my gp that i had an infection but "he's god and he knows more than i do". he, my gp, promised me he'd have me cured in 3 months. yeah right!

angell
  5. Leaknits

Leaknits New Member

Hi! ATTA GUY to your hubby.
    Now, please don't take this wrongly, but after you finish taking the Tetracycline you might want to get blood tests done to see if you are toting around a yeast infection.
    It happens...yeast follows Tet use too darn often. Flagyl or its' generic, Metronidazole, will help.
    I'm so glad to read you are feeling better now!
    Lea.
  6. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I get so tired of hearing that docs don't listen to us! I am glad you have your husband, but as you say, he can't "doctor" you. I am glad you got this resolved!

Thanks for sharing!
  7. kriskwon

kriskwon New Member

You're very lucky to have such a concerning husband. I'm very happy for you!
  8. tiredgayle

tiredgayle New Member

Carebelle

Thank god for your husband! I am glad you are doing better.

Leaknits is right about checking for a yeast infection, as I always get them while taking an antibiotic and they aren't pleasant lol

Take care
    Gayle
  9. carebelle

carebelle New Member

thanks everyone I wish I could lend his medical smarts to all of you . I do feel very lucky having him in so many ways to help. I just need to be careful I don't want the Doc's to be rude with him.

One noticed a few months ago he had prescribed something for me and it wasn't anything but a refill on one I already had but I couldn't get hold of the Doc to write it. My husband could so he did. The Doctor yelled at me saying family shouldn't write "Anything" for family. What he wrote isn't even illegal.

My husband told him if ,She could ever get a doctor to do it and not forget he wouldn't have to. Believe me he holds his own with the Doc"s.

He also thinks I should try an Anti viral after this infection is cleared.

Just a short note if our house Doesn't sell in 10 days we may loose the medical school job. Please pray for a miracle we have wanted this for 33 years and we are willing to give up a lot on the sale, of our home even live in an apt till we can get back up on our feet.We are trying to leave it in Gods hands for now .Pray the stress off of my husband.I worry about him.

10. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

My thyroid doctor said that in his opinion about 25% of people in fm type pain will respond to doxycycline or other antibiotic. He feel it is more than one disease and with some in is from infection and others from virus and others from exposure or genetics.

Interesting. I told him I may try doxy in October as he says be careful with antibiotics in hot weather keep out of sun.

Love Anne Cromwell
  11. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

My thyroid doctor said that in his opinion about 25% of people in fm type pain will respond to doxycycline or other antibiotic. He feel it is more than one disease and with some in is from infection and others from virus and others from exposure or genetics.

Interesting. I told him I may try doxy in October as he says be careful with antibiotics in hot weather keep out of sun.

Love Anne Cromwell
  12. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Love Anne Cromwell
  13. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I think my husband and I are thinking along those same lines as your Doctor.

Every time I am on Antibiotics a lot of my pain goes away but when I go off of them my pain comes back. Doctors just dont hear me ,but my husband does thank goodness.
  14. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

I'm doing ok after the weekend. I washed my Sunday supper dishes this morning (Tues). I figured they were not hurting anything being piled up, and I just didn't feel like doing them!

I didn't make supper last night either (Mon) because we had leftovers. When I feel good, I try to cook up enough to have leftovers because I know I can't do it every day.

Thanks for asking about me. Now, you take care too. I hope you feel even better today!

Love,
    "E"
  15. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Glad to here you are doing better ,me to.

You know paper plates work really well (LOL)and if your husband likes to grill this is the time to let him. Nothing wrong with letting dishes set when you dont feel well.

I use to be so picky but this DD has made me really put myself first .And when I feel better I do what needs done.I'm one of those strange people that likes to clean things up .

My husband has learn to tell how bad I feel by how many dishes are left in the sink. Thats Sad I know, but he works full time and well at my very worse I know I have piled them up for a week before .

My advice is to buy a BIG bag of paper plates from Sam's .Then you will have them ,well worth the investment if your hubby doesnt like doing dishes.

I also make alot of crock pot meals like stews,chilli and green beans then grill chicken.Who wants an oven on in the summer.Plus one pot meals are easy .You probably already do that being in school and everything you do .
    I'm going to start a thread for one pot meals watch for it.