My Igenex results are in....

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by Nanie46, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Here are my Igenex Western blot results that I received today:

IgG band 30 +
    band 31 IND
    band 41 ++
    band 45 +
    band 58 +

IgM band 18 +
    band 39 IND
    band 41 IND
    band 58 +
    band 83-93 +

This is actually negative by Igenex and CDC criteria, but I believe that there are enough positives, especially the 18, 83-93 which are species specific to Bb, to make it clearly significant. I called a LLMD's office and left a message to make an appt.

Update!!!!! I just got off the phone with the LLMD's office. The nurse is the Dr's wife and the whole family has lyme. I read her my Igenex results and she said "That's all I need to hear". I have a 4 hour appt on Sun, Feb 8. She said I will get better!!!

[This Message was Edited on 01/21/2009]
  2. munch1958

munch1958 Member

Yes, I agree that you have enough positives and INDs to warrant treatment for Lyme. Check out my profile for Dr Holtorf's Revised Western Blot criteria or check these websites for more info on testing:

http://www.hormoneandlongevitycenter.com/lymedisease/

http://www.drcharlescrist.com/

My test from Igenex was "NEGATIVE" but I have recovered my health. My LLMD believes that bands 30 & 31 should be folded together like 83-93. This would make your test positive for IgG or an old infection.

You can find me on Lymenet.org, TheLymeLight.com (Facebook for Lyme patients) or Lymezone.org. Good luck with your LLMD!
  3. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Thanks for your reply. I have read some of those sites and will check out the other ones. Thanks for your support.
  4. Shalome1990

Shalome1990 New Member

I am glad you now "know" what you are dealing with. So, you can start to get better!!

I am also glad that you can get to a LLMD. My trip will be a very long/expensive one in March.

Lots of good information here, especially Munch!! :)
  5. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi,

Thanks for your response and concern.

I had my first LLMD appt today so I am going to post the email information I sent my family and friends explaining it.

I am excited to have started my three antibiotics.

I know it won't be easy, but I'm optimistic that I will get better.

Thanks again.
  6. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

I am on:

doxycycline 200 mg twice daily
    plaquenil 200 mg twice daily
    zithromax 250 mg twice daily

I did get some good probiotics, thanks!

thanks for your good wishes!

take care,
    nanie46
  7. victoria

victoria New Member

Good luck Nanie with your treatment. You're right, it won't be easy. If it gets to be too much, it is possible to take breaks with the abx every so often - my son was on pulses of abx and sometimes was a month or 2 off all of them just to let his immune system recover a bit. considering that Lyme is a slow growing critter, it was ok to do that.

I hope you do get better, or at least beat it into submission at the very least.

All the best,
    Victoria

8. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Thanks for your good wishes!

I always see the glass as half full, not half empty, so I think I will definitely get better.

Hope your son is doing ok now.

take care!
  9. victoria

victoria New Member

Hi Nanie,
    well, for my son, he has not yet recovered enough to have a normal life; he is going to try to concentrate now on some alternative treatments which he has briefly tried over the past year in between abx and seem to have also helped.

He wants to try staying away from abx at least for a good while at this point, as he's done 3.5 years of combination abx and mepron/artemesia, plus flagyl pulsed to kill the cyst form. It all definitely helped, altho mostly with the physical pain (altho they still can come and go) but not as much or enough with the neural symptoms unfortunately (despite treatment for babesiosis and bartonella).

I have found from reading the past 4 years that a certain percentage of lymies have had to go back and forth between treatments to stay at a certain reasonable functioning level ... and/or even if 'normal', can relapse if they don't occasionally use some type of treatment to keep it at bay.

But, I too look at the glass as half-full. Too often we concentrate on what still remains rather than appreciate what has disappeared. So while it may take him longer than others, I still have a lot of hope as long as I can see at least small margins of improvement on a fairly regular basis.

One thing you may look into at a later date is using cholestyramine; it can really help to clear the neurotoxins from treatment. It was very obvious it helped my son, even tho he 'passed' the VCS/visual contrast sensitivity test online.

all the best,
    Victoria

10. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi,

It sure sounds like your son has been through alot.

It just astounds me that Dr's do not know how to recognize the symptoms of lyme and don't know how to diagnose it.....let alone treat it.

I have identified at least 8 people I know who I suspect have lyme and I am providing information to them. Some of them simply can't afford to even do the Igenex testing or see an LLMD.

Thanks for the info about cholestyramine.

I am glad you are an optimistic person too...it really helps when going through rough times.

I wish you and your son the very best, and only improvements in the days ahead.

11. Perrier

Perrier New Member

I wonder if anyone can help us out. Here are my daughter's results:

fromn Igenex:

IFA B Burgdorferi 1:80 titter

IGG:
    34 ind.
    39 ind.
    41 positive

IGM:

31 ind.
    39 ind
    41 ind

83-93 postive

Babesia : Negative

And from another lab called neuroscience in California:

the following:

IgG:

34 postive
    41 positive
    58 positive

And the IgM:

39 positive
    41 positive

If there is anyone who can help with thesen results, I would be more than grateful;

Sincerely, a very desperate Mom.
  12. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi Perrier,

I just happen to notice another response on my post....you will get more people to notice your post if you start a new post and it will show up as a topic on the board....just don't want you to miss getting responses to important questions like this one.

You need to get your daughter to a LLMD ASAP. How old is she?? There aren't alot of peds LLMD's.

Her lyme titer is postive. She also has alot of + species specific bands. My LLMD says that even the IND results are important.

Bands 18, 23-25, 31, 34, 37, 39, 83 and 93 are species specific.

Even if it says negative on her western blot as the overall interpretation, her results are very significant.

Don't delay....go to Lymenet.org....click on flash discussion....click on Seeking a Doctor...register all your info for free, then post a question on the "seeking a Dr" board such as "Need a LLMD in PA", or "Need a Peds LLMD in PA"......just insert your correct state.

Good luck!

Someone will send you a private message with a list.
  13. Perrier

Perrier New Member

Thanks Nanie; I am in Canada; and this means lots of problems; I wrote to someone at lymecanada and was told that there was no doctor; there was a fine gentleman but he is now retired; and so I was directed to the US; as it is I have had to go to the US when my daughter was first diagnosed with CFS; so now the search is on for someone not too far from us.

Thanks for helping me out; In really wanted to know what folks thought of her results.Thanks
  14. Perrier

Perrier New Member

Thanks Nanie; I am in Canada; and this means lots of problems; I wrote to someone at lymecanada and was told that there was no doctor; there was a fine gentleman but he is now retired; and so I was directed to the US; as it is I have had to go to the US when my daughter was first diagnosed with CFS; so now the search is on for someone not too far from us.

Thanks for helping me out; In really wanted to know what folks thought of her results.Thanks