My Insurance Rejected My Prescription for Savella

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by sclementz, Aug 4, 2009.

1. sclementz

sclementz New Member

I am so discouraged. I have finally found significant relief of symptoms by trying the titration packet of Savella my dr. gave me. Then when I went to fill my first script, my insurance rejected it, stating that I must try some other steps or medications before they will authorize the prescription. For the last 19 years, I have tried tons of meds, pain clinics, chiropractic, biofeedback, etc.... This is the only thing that seems to work. I felt about 50% improved for the first time in 19 years. But now, since I have run out of meds, and my script was rejected, I have really flared up and feel so horrible.

My pharmacy fax'd the rejection to my doc, and I am seeing him this thursday. I am hoping he will fight for me with this insurance company so I can start feeling better again.

Thank you all for letting me vent and I thank you for all your support.

Susee

2. cathugs

cathugs New Member

Hi, Susee. I am on Savella and I had the same problems with my
    insurance. It took over 2 months to finally get my ins. to pay.
    I paid for the first month out of pocket. (128.00).
    I had already taken the sample pack. The second month he gave me more samples, and then they finally paid. But they only paid 50 some dollars .I had to pay 76.00. But that was better than nothing.

Your dr. needs to tell the ins. that you have tried every thing and nothing else works. That is what mine had to do.

Running out of meds is the pitts. I was without the Savella for 4 days and boy, I could tell the difference.
    I hope you can get this straightened out, and get your meds.

((((cathugs))))
  3. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Start coming up with everything you have tried and provide all the receipts/proof that you have tried them. Those are things that you will need to submit to your insurance provider as proof of what you have tried before. That shows them you have tried other things and together with your doctor contacting them, hopefully you should be approved. Good luck.