My jewelery hurts!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pumy, Dec 7, 2002.

1. pumy

pumy New Member

Hi everyone,
    Lately anytime I wear jewelery especially my watch or
    braclets even my rings it actually hurts my skin. Does
    this happen to anyone else? Some days it seems to even hurt worse than others. I was wondering if this is
    common , as I was only recently diagnosed let me know.
    Happy Holidays to all.
    Pumy
  2. pumy

pumy New Member

Hi everyone,
    Lately anytime I wear jewelery especially my watch or
    braclets even my rings it actually hurts my skin. Does
    this happen to anyone else? Some days it seems to even hurt worse than others. I was wondering if this is
    common , as I was only recently diagnosed let me know.
    Happy Holidays to all.
    Pumy
  3. Stormy214

Stormy214 New Member

In fact, someone at a christmas dinner party last night commented that I wasn't wearing my "jewels." Kind of a running joke because I ALWAYS wore jewelry, even when casually dressed. Just can't anymore; no matter what I wear, it always seems to lie against a trigger point. Not uncommon at all!
    Peace,
    Stormy
  4. pookiebyrd

pookiebyrd New Member

I have the same thing, I am unable to wear watches or bracelets, even necklaces hurt... I do not know if this is a common problem I thought it was just me. I was also unable to wear my wedding rings for about a year, I recently started wearing them again, and some days still have to take them off.. it is good to know that I am not the only one... I just wonder what causes this...

Pookie
  5. karen55

karen55 New Member

I've ever heard of anyone else experiencing this. While I don't, my close friend, who has all the symptoms of FM and has been tested for everything under the sun by numerous docs in several states cannot wear jewelry at all because of the pain it causes her.
  6. achy

achy New Member

I used to collect antique jewelery. I had a ring on almost every finger, double pierced ears. And an assortment of beautiful necklaces hubby got me for gifts. I can't wear any of them. Just the weight of a simple chain around my neck hurts and gives me a headace. My little diamond studs feel like they weigh a pound (which would be cool f they did, I could sell em for a hottub - LOL)
    The only thing I wear, and only when we go out, is my diamond anniversay band hubby for me for our 10th anniversary. We couldn't afford a nice engagement ring 23 years ago, and he always promised that someday he would wrap my finger in diamonds...well he had been tucking away $$ for years for my ring and gave it to me for X-mas 13 years ago. It is extrodinary....but after an hour or so I can't stand to have it on. I feel so bad, and have never told him it hurts to wear it. I just say I'm afraid something will happen to it wearing daily....
    Just anohter reason to hate this DD....
    Warm Fuzzies
    Achy
  7. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

This is a new sympton - having your jewelry hurt. I love jewelry - no matter how much it hurt I would wear it. If any of you like, I can "hold onto your jewelry" and wear it for you.......(hee hee)!!!!

I don't mean to make light of this - I thought I would try to inject a bit of humor - I have the same problem with my bras. I don't like anything that feels binding. It's amazing what this DD can cause you to feel!
  8. pearls

pearls New Member

Yes, my bra irritates me, too. Also, especially when I was having a terrible problem with hearburn, I could not wear anything that was binding in any way around my middle. All of a sudden, bikini-style underpants seemed like an attractive idea to me for the same reason. Belts were out of the question.
  9. Achy-shaky

Achy-shaky New Member

I've had sensitivity to any metals for years...it would start itching and then break out into a nasty rash so I started wearing the string/ribbon type of necklace just so I could carry a watch, however, recently I notice it hurts my neck so now I don't even wear that. I figure what the heck, I don't always need to know what time it is anyway since I can't work any more because of this DD. I can wear my gold wedding band for a few hours but then my hands swell and I have to take it off too. Also have pierced ears but can't wear earrings due to the sensitivity plus they cause pain on side of my face if too heavy.

So you are not alone. I'm so glad to hear I'm not alone on this weird symptom and like others I also hate bras, belts and any tight clothing. It sure is hard to have style when you can't wear many pretty things!