My Knee Surgery Is Thursday A.M.May Be Off Couple Days

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JLH, Jun 21, 2006.

1. JLH

JLH New Member

Well, it's finally time for my knee surgery on my right knee. The surgery is scheduled for 10:45 a.m., Thursday, June 22nd.

I discovered when I went to the doctor that I need two total knee replacements; however, this particular surgery is just to repair the damage that was done to my knee when I fell out of my computer chair a couple months ago.

I may be absent from the computer for a couple days or more, until I can comfortably sit at my desk again!

A nurse from the hospital called me this morning to pre-register me. When I was going over my list of 25++ prescriptions that I took, including Lortab for my back pain, she sarcastically said that since I already had pain meds, that the doc probably won't give me anything for my knee when I am dismissed.

Once again, she said it in a tone that made me feel like I was a dope head!!! Ugh!!!

Well ..... wish me luck .... and hope that they can fix the problem and that my knee will no longer cause me tons of pain! I could not sleep at all last night due to it hurting so badly.

Love you all,
    Janet
  2. kriket

kriket New Member

I wish you the best of luck and a speedy recovery.

Kriket
  3. tonakay

tonakay New Member

Good luck on your surgery and hope you're back soon. I don't post a lot but I read a lot of your articles. Too bad you can't go early and hobble in the pre-register office and slap that lady around a little, make your day a little brighter.... just a thought.

Hugz,
    Tona
  4. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I'll be thinking of you! Mend soon. ;>)

M.