My Left Foot - numbness and gets cold easily

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jen F, Jul 1, 2003.

1. Jen F

Jen F New Member

goes numb sometimes. it gets cold and it's hard to warm up. It feels a little odd when I try to walk on it.

In winter it's especially bad, but then it's both feet. My feet will get wet, sweat [?], which makes it even more difficult to keep them warm. I have to change socks 2 - 3 times per day.

So, right now even though it's summer and the rest of my body is warm, I am wearing winter socks on my feet. And I don't mean cotton. I am talking about socks people wear for winter camping or hiking when it's 20 below C.

Anyone else have this kind of circulation problem?

Any quick fixes? Don't feel like I can add much more to my regimen right now.

Perhaps my left foot is worse due to slight anatomical deformity - I was born with it turned inwards at the ankle. I have internal rotation at hip and knee also, but over the years have learned to walk with my foot held straight. Only somewhat noticeable when I am really tired or relax it.

Also, I have had frostbite in the past.

Anyways, anyone else have circulation problems to their feet?

I consider myself to be too young for this!!!!
    [This Message was Edited on 07/02/2003]
    [This Message was Edited on 07/02/2003]
  2. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

Jen, I think lots of us have cold feet, though I'm not sure about it being one-sided. Are they numb, too? (I didn't know mine were 'til a rheumy ran a pen or whatever along the sole.)

I don't have an answer for ya, never thought of asking the question! Just decided I'd wear socks and slippers with my shorts in the summertime. :)[This Message was Edited on 07/01/2003]
  3. Jen F

Jen F New Member

What kind of socks do you wear in the summer and what kind of slippers? the slip on kind or the ones that fit over your whole foot?

Did you find anything that increased circ to your feet?

Thanks.

jen
  4. zggygirl

zggygirl New Member

yes I have numbness/pins and needle sensations in both feet, though one foot is worse. I also had to change socks a couple times a day in winter when this first started.
    But I have burning, and aching and "trigger point" like pain in them as well.
    Mine was DX's as Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome. Not that I mean to imply that yours is!
    The sweat problem I was told meant the sympathetic nervous system is involved-that controls things such as sweating and ?
    When pain was the worst they sweated the worst though they were/are very cold.
    TTS is a condition where the Tibial nerve-, that runs down the back of the leg, inside the ankle and under the foot is compressed causing lack of circulation/pain etc.
    If you want more info on this there is a web site devoted to it-that people post to, and with ortho. specialasts.
    Let me know if so. I understand your discomfort,
    Ziggy
  5. Jen F

Jen F New Member

6. Jen F

Jen F New Member

but not tonight. time to go.

But thanks very much, I will look into it.

appreciate it.

jen
  7. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

I wear just plain socks, or footies in the summer--sometimes go between the two. And I just use my regular "full foot" slippers, though the slip on kind worked well enough in summer (not warm enough in winter though!).

I asked about the numbness because I found high doses of B-6 to be helpful in reducing that. I don't know if it increases circulation or not, but they don't feel as cold! Meanwhile, check into madwolf's recommendation as he's a PA and I'm just a "lowly" layperson. :)

If you want to see my post about B-6, do a search for "numb hands/feet".

Can you say "duh"? I just now noticed that you SAY it goes numb.... (FYI - I didn't notice that my feet were numb, though I did know my hands were. I did notice my feet were colder than they used to be. It took a rheumy sliding a pen or something along the sole for me to realize they were numb!)
  8. Jen F

Jen F New Member

anyone else?

thanks.

Jen F

[ advertisement ]