My leg feels like it is in a vice!! Help!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bozey, Oct 14, 2005.

1. bozey

bozey New Member

My right leg has been hurting me all day. CONSTANTLY. It doesn't matter if I sit, lay, walk or stand. The right leg muscle on the right of the knee going upward all the way to my hip. And below the knee on the right side about 6 inches and it curves toward my shin. It feels like it is in a vice.

My right ankle is stiff feeling and sorta little numb tingly. What in the world is it? I tried BenGay and IcyHot and neither even heated up on me. I've always been like that tho'. It burns my Hubby alive but I barely get an effect from it.

Well, I'm going to bed and am hoping for sleep just to get some relief.

Anyone else have this pain or know what to do about it?

Thanks

bozey
  2. lil45

lil45 New Member

Hi bozey

I have been suffering with the exact pain for the last few days, I was trying to explain the pain and you have decribed the same as what i feel.
    Your legs feel like they are in a vice.
    I think it is all part of this DD.
    I just try and move my leg or rub it, sometimes it works other times it dosnt.

hope it goes soon

louise
  3. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

I think the pain I have mostly is like what you describe. The only things that help for me are hydrocodone, moist heat, warm baths, sleeping, and total distraction (sometimes reading these posts do that.)

I'm sorry you're hurting so bad.

Love,

Francie
  4. bozey

bozey New Member

hoping that it wasn't part of the DD. Cause then, maybe then it would just go away. But, if it is part of this DD that only means it will go but probably will be back.

As far as I'm concerned, it can go go go and now! It hasn't been as bad today but still very painful.

I've got my 7yr old granddaughter spending the night with me tonight by ourselves so I won't be soaking in the tub but I will try some moist heat for sure.

I've had leg pain for at least 6 months with stiffening when I sit and pain when I walk but this is the worst yet. Geesh, it just never ends does it?

bozey