My leg hurts!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Applyn59, Jul 4, 2003.

1. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

Hi All,

I just had a few questions.
    I fell into my neighbor's hot tub yesterday and hurt
    my leg and back and possibly neck. It isn't excruciating
    but I definitely did something to myself. When I first
    fell into the tub I screamed out in pain and it was
    severe. It then got better. I was in the warm water, too.

The range of motion in my back is worse today.
    My leg is okay when I walk but when I move it certain ways it hurts a lot and and I flinch and moan.
    My feet are freezing and I just tried to put on some stocks and it was a real struggle. The leg that
    I hurt would not bend enough and hurt too much
    to put a sock on. I finally somehow managed
    to do it by twisting too much! OUCH!

I was wondering if anyone else has had this same
    type of injury. It doesn't seem to be swollen or anything but I am wondering if I could have torn something.
    Wouldn't the pain from something like that be
    constantly excruciating?

Thanks for any insight.
    Lynn
  2. Jen F

Jen F New Member

Sorry your leg hurts.

I hope it's a minor injury and heals soon.

Remember that just like with exercise and certain minor injuries the 2nd and 3rd day can be worse than the first.

Keep me posted.

Hopefully people here who have had CL tears and the like will be able give you an idea how to tell how serious it is.

Have you been icing the area of your leg that gives you pain when you try to bend it? and if so, do you find ice a bit releiving in that case? are you on any antiinflamm's right now?

Jen
  3. Jen F

Jen F New Member

If you still have some of that left, now might be a good time to be taking it.

It's for trauma/accidents to the body and pain, iirc.
  4. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

see a Doctor, or go to an Emergency room or one of the Walk in clinic's that are similiar to the ER's, but, I think, you get faster treatment there.

We can all speculate on what the damage Might have been done, by your Fall, you really should have someone look at it, who can
    order X-ray's, to make Sure you didn't Crack anything.
    You don't have to Break something in order for it to Hurt like Hell when you have these Syndromes.

If the Ice hurt's you may have a Nerve problem, Warm Moist heat is really the best if you are not responding to the Ice.

I thought after reading your earlier post on the chat board, that you were doing better, sorry you still Hurting and I
    Hope you feel better soon, Been there and done that sooooomany times.
    I have a lot of Post's tilted, "I Feel", still have some area's where youcan see where I was bruised, kind of like a scar.
    sincerely,
    sharon/kredca4
  5. klarry

klarry New Member

I recently tore a muscle in my leg. It has taken me a month to begin to feel better. My advice would be to get this checked out. I went to the emergency room, had x-rays and was given crutches. Fortunately I was able to graduate to a cane in three days. Your cold feet (if unusual) could also be a clue that you have injured yourself enough to need help.
    Hope you feel better soon.