My legs ache so badly that I want to scream

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Mar 20, 2006.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I don't know what is going on with my own body these past few days. I have been trying to be more active and do more walking so that I can walk better. But instead being able to walk better and with some more ease. I am struggling just to move. I ache so deep on my thighs, hips, and lower legs & knee's. So each night I have taken a hot bath and massaged my legs to see it that will ease this intense pain I am in but it is not working.
    And I am at my wits end what do I do next? Do I stop taking a walk every day and lose the muscle control and have my knee's freeze up with the arthritis?

I have this strange feeling that my legs are so heavy all the time, I hurt so much each day. So I will go and lay down and try to rest and to help the pain stop.

I have been so sleepy for the past few months and I thought that it was do to the dental problems I had been having. I can fall alseep sitting and watching TV and with in a few minutes I will just jump hard and startle and I am awake and then I will get this sleepy feeling again and I am so so tired. I was reading my book and the next thing I knew I was dozing off again. So I am really confused with what is happening to me.

Then these legs aches are getting to me and it is acheing so bad that I can't sleep. My knees are feeling so old these days and I hate it. I have arthritis in both of my knees but now they feel like they are heavy and I don't have the energry to move them. I will go to stand up and it really causes alot of pain but with in a few minutes I can stand up and walk. Yes it really hurts so much , but I can walk. And I have to keep moving or I get so stiff that I can't hardly move. But I know that part of this is the fibro and the rest is the arithritis . Or that is what I think is going on.

I am worried that I don't know what is going on with me anymore. I have always had bad leg aches but these are the worst I have ever had . I have reached the end of my rope and don't know what to do any more. I have taken some hot baths and used epsom salts and perxiode and it made them feel better while I was in the hot bath but that is all. As soon as I am out of the hot bath they will start to ache worse. I don't know what to do. How long to I have to deal with this? Is this something that I have to live with each day or am I over doing it and just need to back off and let my body wrest some. I am not walking that far.

I have driven uptown and gone shopping for some groceries and I usually use a cart with the motor on it but I thought that I was not going to be there very long and the walking would not do my any harm, so I walked around the store and got all the things on my list and it took me about 30 minutes to do this and the standing in the line to check out was when my legs were hurting so much and feeling like I was not going to beable to take a step and not fall flat on my face.

And I will get shooting pains that go down my legs from the thighs. But Finally I am checked out and I walk out to the car and I don't have any energy to move. It takes me forever to just walk to my car and I finally get there and I am in tears and feel so badly that I can't do things like I used to do..

I wonder what is going on with me? I am sick of feeling so sleepy and having shocks in my legs , that just makes the pain worse each time they happen. What am I doing wrong? I am getting more andmore stressed because of this intence pain I have in my legs. I am wondering why me and what did I do to cause this pain. I don't know what do anymore.

I have just laid around all day and I have rested for so long. I went to town with my mom and I was not driving and I didn't walk that far today. I got just a few things and then we went to the car. While we were shopping one of the clerks asked me if we needed help and we said no and he asked again and we said that we had what we needed, I know that I was limping so much. I am getting so frusterated with myself and I have no clue as to why I hurt so much in my legs.

I have been told that I need to walk everyday do that the arthritis will not freeze up and I won't be able to walk. So I try and waalk a short distance to keep the mobility. And now it is getting so pain full to just walk around the house. And I don't know what to do, then add the being reall sleepy all the time and falling alseep in the early evening and then I wake up at 9 pm and then I will wake up and stay awake, I know that I have pain issues .

I live each day with pain and I have fibro and it is possiable that I am flaring and I don't know what else to do. Am I just over reacting to this pain? PLease let me know if I am just over tired and hurting fromt that or am I just flaring from the fibro? Maybe I just need to rest and not walk for a day or two. I just am at my wits end. I am so stressed about this pain that I am close to tears. What can I do? PLease help me if you can.
    Thanks so much,
    Rosemarie
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i thinking your flaring thenon top of it do you have back problems..tendoniitis of hips or knees...

ihave been like this for a good month lately and tired of the the pain...i was so bad for a about 5 days tht it hurt just to lay down and have the blankets rub on my legs espeically my feet...i knew i was in trouble when i woke myself up i kicked my back of my calf and ouch it was the burning pain returning again....

i have not been trying to fight my urges to go to bed...i am dead tired so forget...

i'm so worn out that i do not even want to go anywhere...grocery shopping, banking or taking my son to and from school and sports...i have no help it is me ane me alone...his father lives 75 miles away//and well he works and has school even if he didn't i don't think he would be of much help,,,

try the old epsom salt bath...if you hve the strength to draw the bath water...

take it easy and give yourself permission to be selfish for you needs right now...

hugs

jodie
  3. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I have degneritve disc disease, spinal stenosis, 2 buldging discs L4-L5, L5 -S1, chronic meyofasial pain syndrome, fibro, arthritis in both knees and left wrist { it has a palte and 6 screws in teh wrist ind it has been flaring up and giving me more pain in the wrist} I am so sleey all the time that it is getting to me. I will fall alseep reading a book watching TV anything. Except for driving but I will get to the point where I know that I have to go home now and can't wait any longer and when i get home I will lay down and I will fall alseep as soon as I lay down. This really bites you know.

Rosemarie
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

The thing that brought me here in the first plaxce was the exact excrutiating leg pains that came on suddenly for no apparent reason and would not get better. I had to be helped to the doctors, could hardly walk. This was after moving house, although I did very little except walk back and forth during that move.

My leg pain stayed pretty bad with rest and just light, slow, walks every other day. After five weeks it started to ease off a little, get subtly on the right, a little better(I keep a pain chart). Of course all the other pains were going on too, but I noticed they were also improving a little.

Then the pain shifted just to the left leg, then started to ease there so at just over thre months, I get just little bits of the pain, every so often during the day, like lightning strikes!

As this has occurred, the other pains have gotten much better too, except I still get left sided pains and cannot exercise much. I go a mile walk a day, and have to go slowly. Sometimes I do two half mile walks. I tried a Pilates Yoga class that gave me such pain and migraines.

Rest, use hot water and epsom salts baths(remember to rinse between legs with plain water after)heat in any form and just little stretches. My feeling is that the body gets locked in muscle and nerve tension and cannot release.

Love Anne C
  5. Butterflymom

Butterflymom New Member

Hi Rosemarie,
    I am Butterflymom and I to have such bad leg pain. Sometimes the hurt and ache so bad I could just scream. The hurting, aching, burning, stinging, it gets so bad.It's hard to maks someone who does not have Fibro understand the pain you are in.

I hope your pain aeses off soon. I know some days my pain is not as bad as other days, and you sould just be haveing a really bad flare up.

Butterflymom
  6. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Rosemarie,
    I'm so sorry you are having such a bad time. I know what it is like to have painful legs. I finally went to an acupuncturist. He really helped me. After two treatments I noticed a great difference. It would be really good if I could afford to go every week. I can only go once or twice a month now, but it is still helping me.-- Just a suggestion.
    Good luck,
    Terry