MY LEGS HURT!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ltarmand, Aug 20, 2005.

1. ltarmand

ltarmand New Member

PLEASE STOP THE PAIN... Today has been a bad day for me. My legs won't stop hurting. I don't like to take pain med because I have 2 boys under the age of 5. I try to explain the pain to my husband but I can't It is a deep hurt with a throbbing all of the time. It feels like I can't even get up to walk across the room. I am so drained. Any ideas on how to ease this pain when it does happen without taking pain med?
  2. karalyn

karalyn New Member

I have the same problem, i find a hot bath or hotties works. I dont usually like medication, but at times i put on Voltaren Emigel and that works too. I also get cold feet that aches also
  3. cbella

cbella New Member

I take 1/2 to 1 ultram for my leg pain and it relieves it without any side effects. And then I actually have more energy, because my legs don't feel like two steel poles, trying to lift them up! If I didn't take that I wouldn't be able to work because I'm on my feet all day. At first I was afraid to take pain pills, but these are not narcotic or habit forming. They just give you back your normal feeling,,,,,,,good luck!!!!! =) cbella
  4. abbylee

abbylee New Member

Mirapex is for Parkenson's, but it's also being prescribed for RLS and for leg pain. And it works!!!

After only 2 pills my leg pain was GONE.

It took me a really long time to get on the correct dosage, though, and I almost had to quit taking it completely. I take 1 at bedtime now and I wouldn't trade it.

abbylee
  5. chazzsmom99

chazzsmom99 New Member

I too have severe leg pain, and a 6 y/o with ADHD--almost like having 2 kids! Anyway, what helps me is baclofen, hot bath and THereagesic (or Ben Gay, or 024) for when the pain is bad and I need to be on top of things. Lately, tho', I've been taking so many meds I have very little side effects like drowsiness.

Keep your chin up--tomorrow may be better!

Peggi

ps--thanx for the message about Mirapex--gonna research and ask my dr. about it.

6. gmom605

gmom605 New Member

>>>>>Itarmand!!!! i`ve been going to see pt and ultra sound massages and deep massages and sometimes it feels ok but then the pain comes back so i`m going to see my rum.dr again and i do have a bulge dics.and sciatica nerve damage lower back L5-S1,, and my legs hurt so much i can`t sit nomore then 20 min.,,,my legs will turn cold and feel like they`re about 50 pounds each.,,,,,i do take gabapentin 600mg 3x a day but i feel so tired all day but i`ve cut down to 1 a day only at bed time ,,,,the dr wanted to send me to a pain mag. but i said NO!,,, no shots for me on my spine got to try something else first so she send me to a pt.i have 7 visit to go . like a said when they do the deep massage feels like their with doing it with {their elbow }it hurts but it feels good for awhile no pain for at least 2>3 hrs.,,,,, , , i`ll go for that ,,gmom
  7. sandi24

sandi24 New Member

My hubby was given some meds from the sleep clinic doctor for restless leg syndrome, he said it was given to Parkinson patients and it works well.

On a routine visit to the cardiologist he asked the routine questions as to what meds he was taking and we showed him this new pill hubby had been prescribed.. and he literally hit the roof! He was extremely angry and told us to immediately dispose of these pills and under no circumstances to take them.

This scared me, his reaction was so strong, I said to hubby afterwards, he sent him to the sleep clinic and this excellent doctor and now he was disagreeing with the treatment. So I have no idea what it meant but take it easy with those pills. I can't remember what they were called but it really put us off taking meds of any description.

I too get leg pain, they ache, they swell, they throb.. I try to elevate them when I can but its hard.

I hope you find something to ease the pain.

8. icare

icare New Member

Thats my #1 health problem....Legs hurting...It is so frustrating, to lose your mobility..Somwhat)
    If i walk more than 10 mins, i have to lay down and put ice or heat on the calf muscles..They throb ache, burn..
    I havent found any medication yet to help the pain, just a hot bath or ice.
    And it doesnt matter how much reat i get they still feel heavy and weak.
    I wish i knew why this is happening..It kinda bugs me why a DR cannot tell me.
    Rick