My Liver Enzyme's are Highly Elevated

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by monica33flowers, May 29, 2008.

1. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

I just got a call from my dr.'s nurse and she told me they need to schedule me for an ultrasound of my liver. She stated, that my liver enzymes were extremely high and they want to do an ultrasound of my liver.

OK, I'm a little freaked out. I just had a blood panel done for my neck surgery for next week and then I find out this information. She did tell me not to worry it could be from all the tylenol I was taking with my vicodin that recently was changed.

So, anyone else have something like this happen? I did a search but it seems everyone is talking about Lyme and I'm at a complete loss when people start talking about Dr. Montoya and titers, etc.
  2. findmind

findmind New Member

Well, you may have the problem because of the Tylenol, yes...

I'd go ahead with the ultrasound, just to see if there's anything to truly worry about.

You might put "fatty liver" in the searchbox above, (or NASH, as it is medically called); it has a lot of info that may or may not be relevant, but I wouldn't worry about any of it until you know the results of the ultrasound test.

Sometimes anesthesiologists give people with high liver enzymes different stuff, so the patient can process it better. Maybe that's all they want to do.

Rest, and don't worry yourself excessively until you have something to worry about, ok? The neck surgery is enough to handle for now.

I wish you the best possible outcome for your ultrasound and neck let us know how you're doing, will you?

3. SpiroSpero

SpiroSpero New Member

maybe try some milk thistle (google). it brought down my liver values to normal.
  4. TropicalGirl

TropicalGirl New Member

I also take a lot of Tylenol products daily, but I supplement it with Milk Thistle and my liver enzyme levels have maintained themselves right in the middle range. I am not very good at remembering to take the Milk Thistle every day like I should, but it seems like what I do take is doing the job.

Good luck, and don't worry, you'll turn out OK! :)
  5. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I had one of my liver enzymes above normal,Alkaline Phosphatase (ALP)

I had the ultra sound of my live and a bone scan which turned out to be fine. It came down but still is above normal. It just may be one of those things or some medication I am on.

If this is the enzyme, also have the test to see if it is in the liver or your bones. Mine turned out to be in my bones but as I said the bone scan showed nothing. They thought I might have Paget's Disease.

Take care and keep us posted.

I know how scary it is to wait.

[This Message was Edited on 05/30/2008]
  6. woofmom

woofmom New Member

Blood calcium, phosphorous, and alkaline phosphatase levels were also elevated, which may indicate bone remodeling as a consequene of insufficient dietary Manganese.
  7. kbak

kbak Member

Anyone taking any kind of drugs on a regular basis should be taking milk thistle. MT is a wonder liver detoxer. My sis last yr. had very high elevated liver enzymes and I got her started on MT right away and it completely took care of the problem.

The proper way to take it is 5 days on 2 off. This is a common schedule with many herbs.

Take care,