My local paper says they need a press release

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by OuchyMama, May 5, 2003.

1. OuchyMama

OuchyMama New Member

My local paper says they will print something for May 12 but he needs a faxable press release any ideas? Thanks
  2. OuchyMama

OuchyMama New Member

I was able to answer my own post and thouht i would share with anyone who might want something they can take to their own local paper. I went on the NFA ( national fibro association) website they have a printable press release and a fibro fact sheet. I hope this helps .
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Sound like such a big deal, but they aren't.

Use your word processor and type "PRESS RELEASE" in large type centered across the top. They then need the date and who the press release is from.

They will not be looking for a bio or anecdotal info. They need the what, where, when, why type of stuff. Tell them the info that was on that website we visited: The Official Date of Awareness Day, the number of estimated people affected, etc. It is OK to tell them that the cause of these illnesses is unknown and that more research is needed. It is also OK to tell them that while many who suffer with these illnesses look healthy, they may be suffering from many symptoms, such as profound fatigue and unrelenting pain.

At the end of the Press Release, type three pound signs centered and a couple of rows down from the body of the release.

Love, Mikie
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We were posting at the same time. I'm glad you found the official Press Release.

Love, Mikie