My low back "Pop" when ever I turn, bend, twist, move

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by rosemarie, May 5, 2008.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

For the past few weeks my low back above my left hip has been killing me it hurts so bad. I noticed that my hip/back pops when I shift while sitting, It is so painful that I startle and jump . I don't know what I have done to set this off but it can stop asap I can't take it much more.
    I bent over to load my dishwasher and I heard this popping sound again my my hip /back and darn if it didn't drive me to the floor almost , if I could have nelt down I would have hit the floor but my knee's don't work that way any more.

I know that I have some DDD, radiculopathy,spinal stenosis, Bulging discs L4-L5,L5-S1. Add the fibro and arthritis in both knees , wrist and who knows where else I have a lot of pain but this popping that is started is some thing new. I don't know what to do? It comes and goes now so I am really confused as to what is going on with my body.

What I would give to be semi normal.
    ~HUGS~
    Rosemarie
  2. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

So sorry you are having this. I have a bad lower back, I was born with my bottom (can't remember if it is 2 or 3) vertebrae fused together.

I know what you mean. My heatin pad helps mine but not much of anything else.

Yes, I pop, creak and snap.
  3. Doober

Doober New Member

suggest that you have this looked at. It sounds like the hip joints keep slipping out of their socket when ever you move.

4. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

That was happening to me before one final pop and my back was sprained. I'm not trying to scare you but I want you to know that this happened to me. I hope that's not what's happening to you. I made the mistake of exercising too much and it got sprained while I was stretching my hamstrings.

You might want to read about how to move around with a back problem, like never locking your knees when you lean over and using your abdominal muscles instead of your back muscles etc... as a prevention.

I also suggest you see a chiropractor if you haven't. I think this happened to me because of FMS. A lot of us have low back problems.

Take care and I hope this helps you.

tee
  5. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

Thanks for the advise I know that I need to be careful with lifting. Since I have end-stage osteoarthrits in both knee's I can't straighten either of them they don't straighten up all the way so I can't lock them I would tip over. I guess that when I get my wrist checked out the next time I will ask the doctor if this could be from my problems with DDD, buldging discs, ect.
    I will let you all know how it goes.
    ~HUGS~
    Rosemarie
  6. MtnDews

MtnDews New Member

Rosemarie,
    I know exactly what you mean. I have those problems also. In addition to FM, I was diagnosed with Ehlers Danlos Syndrome. Once diagnosed with that, it made all my symptoms make sense. It is a diagnosis that is often missed by doctors, but a geneticist knows what to look for. You may want to look into this.
    H