My luck is changing finally!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by DebP, Feb 10, 2003.

1. DebP

DebP New Member

Hi everyone!!!
    Just wanted to share my good news with everyone here that may think its getting hopeless to try to get SSD. I have been at it for almost 3 years now, and today i got a call that my app has finally been approved!!! I was supposed to have my second hearing in front of a federal law judge tomorrow, and they called my attorney and said not to come, he went over my case and approved it, without the hearing!!! So if any of you feel like giving up, and I know I have in the past....dont do it!!!! I think they hold out just to see if you are really able to work or not. I hope this give those of you who are fighting and waiting a little hope for the future!!!

Big Hugs,
    DebP
    (Deb Parfait)
  2. tandy

tandy New Member

Congradulations!! Just maybe they're beginning to understand??!! I"m so happy for you!!
    Regards,
    Tracey
  3. susabar

susabar New Member

I'm sure you are relieved...
    Good Luck
    and

thanks for the inspiration!!!!

Sue
  4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Thank you for sharing your good news----gives others who are going through this arduous process hope! Congratulations!

Hugs,
    Pam
  5. Rosesark

Rosesark New Member

Congrats!!!! I just had my appnt. to file for SSd last week. I have not got a final diagnosis yet, my rheum says fibro and maybe CIDP or Lupus. I am sure i will be denied the first go round, but see my rheumy in march and maybe with a diagnosis i will get lucky. Way To Go!!!!! Rose
  6. Rosesark

Rosesark New Member

Deb, i know it's nosey to ask, but is it real expensive to have to use an attorney to fight for SSD? Rose
  7. CATLADY912

CATLADY912 New Member

I'M SO GLAD FOR YOU. SORRY THAT IT TOOK SO LONG TO GET IT. IT TOOK ME ABOUT ONE YEAR TO GET MINED, BUT SOCIAL SECURITY IS FUNNY ABOUT BACK DISABILITY. BUT MY RECORDS FROM SLL MY DOC'S HAD IT ALL TYPE OUT AND Y OROTHOPEDIC DOCTOR IS THE ONE WHO TOLD ME THAT I WA ELIGIBLE FOR SS SO I WENT FOR IT AND IT TOOK ALMOST A YEAR. SO DON'T GIVE UP AT ALL.

THE LAWYER YOU HIRE HAS TO BE APPROVED BY SOCIAL SECURITY AND THEY PAY HIM A CERTAIN ANOUNT OUT OF YOUR BACK PAY. ITS A FAIR AMOUNT AND ITS ALREADY A SET CERTAIN PERCENT. THEY DON'T PAY HIM RIGHT AWAY BUT HE WILL GET HIS. JUST TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF AND LET SS WORRY ABOUT YOUR LAWYER.

SO GLAD YOU FNALLY GO IT. YOU PROBABLY SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN IT EARLIER BYT THAT IS ss# FOR YOU.'

DON'T WORY YOUR HEAD ABOUT THE ATTOREY BECAUSE HIS FEE WILL BE TAKEN CARE OF BY SS.

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU,
    JANICE
  8. phenom

phenom New Member

thats great news deb, i hope it takes a weight off your shoulders. i'm in appeal at the moment, since november, and just the other day they said they hadn't even looked at my case yet! but after reading your post - 3 years?!?!?! - i feel i can hang on a bit longer. congrats!

phenom
  9. DebP

DebP New Member

Hello,
    I know how frustrating the thing with your attorney can be, but you have to understand one thing. They dont know anymore about your case than you do. They are waiting for a response as well....Whatever you do..dont give up!!! So, calling your attorney will do you no good, because she doesnt know anymore than you do. I understand wanting to give up, I have waited almost three years, but i think part of the game for them is to try to get you to give up, that way they can prove that you can work if you give up and start working again....I really believe this is a little game that they play!!! Thanks for your post, and good luck with your case.
    DebP
  10. DebP

DebP New Member

Hello, thanks for responding to my post, i dont mind you asking at all about the attorney fees. My attorney will get only 25% of my backpay. That is the total of his fee!! Myself, I havent heard of an attorney that took any less than a third of a fee for any kind of case. Hopefully wherever you are, you can find an attorney for this rate, and you will more than likely get turned down the first time, almost everyone does. Dont let it discourage you, go out and get an attorney immediately and start the appeal process!! They do not get paid unless they win your case for you. Therefore, you have to give them no money to represent you until the whole thing is over!!! As frustrating as it is, dont give up!!!! Take care.

DebP
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thank God. I'm soooo happy for you. Congrats! BTW, girl, you're going to get one nice check :)

Love, Mikie
  12. DebP

DebP New Member

I am sorry to hear that you were turned down...even after their doc said you had CFS and FM, I dont understand that at all. I was never once sent to one of their docs which I thought was really weird, just their psych docs...bcus i have a real problem with depression and panic disorder also. But never to one of their medical docs....

DebP
  13. dd

dd New Member

Hi Deb - That is wonderful news! I know that you must be feeling really great right about now. I was also approved for my SSD about 2 years ago...thankfully it only took me about 6 months from the time I applied...backpay and all.

I know that some people have asked what condition it was that those of us got the approval from SSD on...in my case I was approved for severe depression and anxiety disorder. I have a feeling if I had applied under my CFS and FM that the outcome would have been a lot different.

Congrats again.

Debbie