My medi-cal has been approved on the basis of disability

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lovethesun, Aug 16, 2005.

1. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I hope this helps my disability!
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm sure it will help. Godd luck.

Love, Mikie
  3. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I had to tell someone.I am so excited!!!
  4. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

Congrats!!! So glad your medical has been approved.

I'm sure it will help with your Disability!

Good Luck
    ((Hugs))
    Bluerose
  5. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

How is your's going.I've been having pain lately doue to some stressors so I haven't been able to stay online too long.We want to get a notebook so I can go online when I have to stay in bed.

What stage are you at?I applied March 28 and have only had the tests taken.Thanks for the hugs.
    Hugs and prayers.Linda
  6. hdbubblehead

hdbubblehead New Member

Hi,
    yes, i can relate to your sorrow and illness' too.
    I AM VERY VERY SORRY FOR THE .......( i am thinking of the words i want to say...i just went "blank" and paused)
    for the heartaches in your life.
    I'm in Calif too, just over the rainbow :)
    i wish there was a way you could get my E-mail so we could chat about what you can start preparing for in the coming months!
    YOUR CLAIM WILL BE DENIED and welfare stopped.(otherwise WHY would you need to "prove" your disabled? You will be asked if you want to appeal the decision>AND always say yes to personally attending your
    hearing and appeals!! Its stressful for a long time, but
    thats how they win all the claims. They want you to stress out and give up!! /don't hope for anything and you will get a suprize!!! DO NOT QUIT !!! DON'T GIVE UP!!
    write back if interested in learning more.
    Under HIS Wings psalm 91:4
  7. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

They don't know what they're dealing with with me.I am very strong willed.I won't give up.I do not qualify for for NY AID EXCEPT MEDI-CAL BECAUSE OF THE 1000 DOLLARS WE GET FROM MY HUSBANDS SOCIAL SECUTIY-AND YOU KNOW HOW FAR THAT GOES IN cALIFORNIA.Oops had the caplock on.I am so sorry for all you've had to go through.I will include you in my prayers.Just remeber all the friends that you have here.Linda
  8. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

Horray for you that you got your Medi-cal.

When I was seperated from the DH for a few years, I was on SSDI, and the Medical.
    Well 3 years ago, he moved down here to Ca. and when we notified SS, they cut my Money, then, after 9 months the sent me a letter saying I had to pay them back, because They figured it wrong.

They totally took my money, (theris now) but I still have the Medical. I don't use it as my DH has Ins. through the Co. he works for.

It really ticked me off, I could have fought them, because it was their Fault. Not our's. But DH didn't want the hassle, so we made payment arragments.

I always said , that I wouldn't mind to much, if it meant someone else, who really needed, my 750.00 a month, were to get it.

This is due to good old Arnold, and boy I hope they get someone in there, instead, Who Does know what they are doing.
    Shoot, Marie, should be doing the Job really, lol, ;o)

Anyway, I will be pulling for you, to get your disability.
    Were you working enough to qualitfy?
    I worked for myself for , lol, 5 years, and my Acct. never paid into the SS for me, I thought when we filed, that we were paying into it.
    Nope just what the DH's job was counted.
    That was in Idaho.

Ca. put me on Disability, when he wasn't living with me, but since he makes good money, they took it away,
    Like I got Healed , just because He moved back in.
    I still can't work, who would Hire me, certainly not me, lol.
    I was a Photographer, with my own Studio, and I miss it.

So hang in there, you will probably hearing from them soon,l since you got your Medical approved, that's a good sign. ;o)
    Sharonk.
  9. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I hope that you are managing ok. To me,having medical coverage is most important.In just 9 months,with my doctor doing everything she could to save me money,it cost $4000
    I hope to get disability,butI am prepared to be rejected.

my schooling was in photography,I miss it.My SLR broke and I can't even afford a new one now.It's the lighting equipment and lifting children that kill you!
    Have a wonderful day.Linda
    [This Message was Edited on 08/31/2005]
  10. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

Linda, that is the main reason I had to quit.
    I had 3 Surgery's, Cervical, Rotator Cuff, and Left Knee.
    3 in 18 months, then, when I went back to work, I hurt all the time.
    I miss doing the Teens and Weddings mostly. They were always a lot of fun, and not Camera Shy. ;o)

The last year I lived in Idaho, is when the FMS kicked in.
    With the surgery's, working by myself, and then doing Senior Portraits out in the Snow, for their Sr. Packages, I got a COld, that turned into Broncitiis.
    I lost over 90lb's and most of my Friends, so I closed down the Studio.

Went to Ca. and found out after 4 years here, that I had FMS.

I still have some of my favorites hanging in the back room, just to remind me, that I DID have a Great Time, and was doing something that I truly loved.
    Sorry this got long, just nice to talk to another Photographer.

Sorry, your here tho, because of these stupid conditions, we live with, Live, lol, more like Coping with.
    ;o]
    sharonk
  11. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

for some short period When I get an SLR I might be able to get some great shots in the morning or evening when the natural light is right.Maybe I'm just trying to be hopeful,but you have to plan on something!Hope you find a way to release your creativity while living with FMS.Have a good day!Linda