my medication

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ksev, Oct 1, 2005.

1. ksev

ksev New Member

I never did see my post,I am new to this site so maybe I just missed it. I was asking about my fear of taking vicodin, it does help. Oh how I have suffered for 10yrs without knowing I had FM until this month. I have had many MRI's, x-rays, shots in my spine, etc. I also have post-polio syndrome that causes me problems. I do keep active, curves for women, sing in church choir, many friends. When I go anywhere and do things, I get in the house and on the heating pad I go to stop the stabbing in my back and all the other pain throughout my body. You all know what I am talking about. Just let me hear from someone.
    Thanks
  2. tandy

tandy New Member

I'm not sure what you mean since I did'nt see another post either.??
    I'll look again after I type this :)

I will just say that if your worried about taking vicoden,... I would'nt be if you know that you really need the pain relief.
    A person can try to go without pain meds for just so long!! and I think after awhile it really wears on your spirit and mind~ How can anyone be happy or feel like doing anything when they are in constant pain!!??

Just take the vicoden as prescribed only. Never more~
    If you can get away with less than you are prescribed, ok.

But if I had access to something that helped my pain I'd take it for sure!! I do know that vicodens work well,...
    But my doc. won't prescribe them to me.
    He thinks they are too strong for Fibro pain.
    Apparently HE does'nt have Fibro.??

I hope this helps~
    Hugs
    Tandy
  3. suzetal

suzetal New Member

and its been a year now .My script is for 1 to 2 tabs 3 times a day.I only take what I need.Sometimes I go a week without it.

Try them to see if they help you.It wont hurt anything if they don't.You can stop taking them if there not working.

I also take oxycotin 2 times a day .I also only take if I truly need it.I can go a few days without or even a week.

My doctor who is awesome says yes there a some who get addicted .They are the ones that allow themselves to get addicted.

It helps my pain when I need it ,I'm glad Ive got them.

I am not addicted to them.When my pain is at the low end I do not take them.

Hope this helps.
    Sue
  4. dunnlb

dunnlb New Member

Click on "view my profile" at the top right of your page. You will see all of your replies. It is in there.
  5. I take vicodin WHEN I NEED IT Only, I can take 1/2 a pill and it helps, so many drs. won't give it. It is the only pill that even touches my pain. I spent so long suffering, no more if I can get vicodin. They give it out sparingly though.
  6. ksev

ksev New Member

Thank you so much for your reply, that's what many people I know tell me. I did take a half before Church this morning and sang in the choir without the stabbing, burning pain I have had for so many yrs. I am not the type to ever take more than I should, it's just hard for me to think I take pain meds.
    Thanks again
  7. ksev

ksev New Member

Thank you and hugs right back at you.
  8. ksev

ksev New Member

You will never know how much you helped me. I took one half before Church this morning and was able to sing in the choir with out the stabbing, burning, etc. I have been in such pain for so long, 10yrs. Finally I have decided to make sure I get help for it.
    Hugs,