My Message of Hope

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by marinemom, Sep 30, 2002.

1. marinemom

marinemom New Member

You know, I read alot of these posts and have found that more and more doctors (and I use the term very loosely) don't belive in Fibromyalgia or CFS (wasn't gonna try to spell THAT out!).

My response to them would be, "Dear, Dear doctor. Do you believe in PMS?" Because not so long ago, no doctor believed in that either. But now, not only do they treat PMS they have went one step further and treat what THEY call PMDD (both of which I have been treated for).

I think the same thing applies to Fibro and all these other DD's. It's the mystery of the unknown that REALLY scares them.

You men reading this can just quit rolling your eyes at me. Surveys have proved that over 75% of all women in prison committed their crimes (murder, assault, etc) while suffering from PMS! So I would tread VERY softly if I were you! =)

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is this. While we are all suffering, remember, there is ALWAYS hope. I truely believe that in the very near future, all of these things that we suffer with will be dealt with just as PMS and PMDD are today. They WILL be acknowledged as a true disease with very real symptoms.

I know that doesn't help now, when the pain is so bad you want to hit someone to make them understand just how bad YOU are feeling. But that's the HOPE that I keep holding on to, and I'll be glad to tie a knot in my rope for anyone else that wants to hold on with me.

I know that its said that when a door closes, God ALWAYS opens a window. My hope for myself and all of you is that we have the strength (and a ladder) to climb through it! =)

Hugs to all.
    Kathy
    [This Message was Edited on 09/30/2002]
  2. marinemom

marinemom New Member

You know, I read alot of these posts and have found that more and more doctors (and I use the term very loosely) don't belive in Fibromyalgia or CFS (wasn't gonna try to spell THAT out!).

My response to them would be, "Dear, Dear doctor. Do you believe in PMS?" Because not so long ago, no doctor believed in that either. But now, not only do they treat PMS they have went one step further and treat what THEY call PMDD (both of which I have been treated for).

I think the same thing applies to Fibro and all these other DD's. It's the mystery of the unknown that REALLY scares them.

You men reading this can just quit rolling your eyes at me. Surveys have proved that over 75% of all women in prison committed their crimes (murder, assault, etc) while suffering from PMS! So I would tread VERY softly if I were you! =)

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is this. While we are all suffering, remember, there is ALWAYS hope. I truely believe that in the very near future, all of these things that we suffer with will be dealt with just as PMS and PMDD are today. They WILL be acknowledged as a true disease with very real symptoms.

I know that doesn't help now, when the pain is so bad you want to hit someone to make them understand just how bad YOU are feeling. But that's the HOPE that I keep holding on to, and I'll be glad to tie a knot in my rope for anyone else that wants to hold on with me.

I know that its said that when a door closes, God ALWAYS opens a window. My hope for myself and all of you is that we have the strength (and a ladder) to climb through it! =)

Hugs to all.
    Kathy
  3. marinemom

marinemom New Member

It's NOT, just as PMS wasn't. This is in our head, our arms and hands, our backs, well, you get the picture, and I'm hoping soon, so will the doctors.

=)
  4. Karrot

Karrot New Member

That is such a good perspective! You know, I've been reading your posts, and I've noticed that you are such a positive person. I really appreciate the hope and the light you bring to this board. Very little helps me to feel better about about this DD. However, your post made me feel as though I didn't have to despair. You are so right! Thank you for sharing your wonderful optimism!

Tschus!
    Karrot
  5. marinemom

marinemom New Member

I'm glad that I could help. This is the only way that I can get through all of this. I can remember a time when PMS was NOT recognized and it wasn't that long ago. So, I'm hoping that this too will soon become recognized as as well.

Of course, I'm always that ant carrying that rubber tree plant around too! Someday, I'm gonna throw it. I only hope there's a doctor that doesn't believe in my path!

I am one of the lucky few who have a PCP that believes. Unfortunatly I'm moving and he won't move with me (I begged), so I'm gonna have to start all over again. Luckily my Dr. has agreed to give me enough meds to carry me for a couple of months. After that, well, who knows. You might be reading about the crazed woman who jumped off her refridgerator in your local paper! =)

Hugs and Grins
    Kathy

[ advertisement ]