my mom and Fibro 9newly dx'ed)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mq, Dec 12, 2002.

1. mq

mq New Member

My mom was just dx'ed w/ Fibro. The worse is the pain. What she is on now either wakes her up every 3 hours, or when she cut it down, the pain, esp. burning in her hands, returned. Any suggestions? Supplements ?
    thanks
    mq
  2. mq

mq New Member

My mom was just dx'ed w/ Fibro. The worse is the pain. What she is on now either wakes her up every 3 hours, or when she cut it down, the pain, esp. burning in her hands, returned. Any suggestions? Supplements ?
    thanks
    mq
  3. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

What med/meds is she currently taking for pain, and dosage?
    Karen
  4. marcus1243

marcus1243 New Member

is elavil (amitryptiline) beginning 10mg a day before bed. It will help with sleeping too. Magnesium (500mg a day) will help with twitching muscles/sore muscles. A B-vitamin complex with added B12 should help with nerve pain/tingling. Glucosamine and Chondroitin may help with joint pain.

Really, any supps & medications should be taken after consultation with your PCP, and after reviewing your mom's full medical history.

Good luck!
    marcus
  5. gracieathome

gracieathome New Member

I can only share what worked for me. After over a year on heavy drugs I decided with my doc to take a more holistic approach. So now the only things I take are as follows. In the AM I take a multi vitamin (stress formula) that has lots of B vitamins, and 100 mg Co-enzyme Q10. In the PM I take 500MG Magnesium, with 1000 mg calcium, and another 100MG Co-enzyme Q10. I have been on this regimine for a year and am about 90 percent normal (it takes time, not overnight) I also get gentle massage, excersise (start slow) and a hot tub is my new best friend. Keep in mind that especially in the beginning massage and excersise can be painfull, but it does eventually get bettter. Hang in there , love and support her. That is the most important thing. The support of my family has been very important to my health.