My mom had hip surgery today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rene, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Rene

Rene New Member

Well my bedridden mom of 66 yrs old fell on Tuesday and broke her hip. Today she had surgery. The drs said it was the best thing to do even though she can't walk anyway.

Her trial for being abused is in two weeks and I had to argue with the DA to tell him we need a continuance!!!!!!!!

He thinks I'm looking for excuses and he told me that!

I swear I am so tired of all this as my mom was in a nursing home in March as she had mini strokes or suspected strokes for a month and then got abused. I'd rather it all happened to me then her-it would be easier.

She is all I have and I'm pretty sick myself tooo.

Well thanks for "listening"
    Rene
  2. ckball

ckball New Member

I am sorry about your mom. I hope she heals well and you can get some time to take care of you.

Do not let yourself get run down running back and forth to the hospital or nursing home. That is why they have nurses.

Sometimes waiting for a Dr to come around can take all day.

My mother and I share a Dr so she would call me at home after she saw mom, that way I wouldn't have to get up and dressed at 8 am. I have said it before, I have a great DR.

Does your mother understand what is going on? Will she go back to the same nursing home she was at? I'm still in shock about that whole situation. What kind of thing would do that do a helpless woman.

If this guy is out on bail I would want this trial ASAP.
    Since I don't know all the facts I can not comment to much but was your mother going to testify?

I know how you feel about her being all you have. Even tho my mother and I are far from best friends when she had sepsis they told me she wouldn't make it thru the night.

I sat by her bed and cried like a baby. She had caused me so much pain my whole life, but right then she was the woman that brought me into this world, so she did do one thing right,lol. I said my goodbye and I told her I forgave her and it was ok to let go and be with dad.

At 3 am I got the call to go to the hospital, they were losing her. I called my daughter, went to the bathroom and got dressed at the same time. Before I could get out the door they called back and said they got her back and it was ok.

She laid in a coma for about 3 days before waking up, she was talking to dead people, it was kinda funny to see my mother act this way. Then she came around about a week later. She went to the nursing home after that. That was Nov 2004

Even tho I despised this woman at times, sitting there thinking I would never see her again was hard. I have no one else, just my busy daughter and 2 grand kids 500 miles away.

If you want to write me, google Carla's Stained Glass Creations and that is my email.

I hope you get some rest, let us know how you are doing- Carla

3. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

You have a lot on your plate right now. I'm so sorry about what your Mom has been through. That's just awful.
    That DA needs a good kick somewhere!! I hope and pray that things will work out for you.
    Please take care of yourself as well.

Kathy.
  4. Rene

Rene New Member

Thanks Kathy and Carla for the kind words.

I will check out your site Carla! My mom lives at home and has a gal who lives there and takes care of her. My mom has depression so its upsetting for her to think of going to court and super upsetting for me too.

She may be video taped from her bed for the court. I HAVE to go and don't want to.

Thats awful about your mom's coma. I'd do the samething to. I get extremely upset when anything happens to my mom and I do wish at time I could be angry at her cause when she was ablebodied and I wasn't she'd barely help me. I only live 3 min away and would be confined for a week at a time.

But I treat her as if shes the best mom ever wonder why we do that?

She is doing ok though today so that is good.
    Thanks again it means a lot.
    Rene
  5. ckball

ckball New Member

Glad to hear your mom is better, Don't forget to do something special for yourself, maybe a long warm bubble bath.

I have been play khomes game all eve, I can't believe it is 1am,

When I figure out why we do the thing we do for our mothers Ill let you know,

Hang in and keep us posted Carla
  6. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Carla, it just jumped in my head about why we are so nice to our moms. I have always had a strong urge to be a foster mom and read every book in Sacramento library county on it.

I can't though cause I pay for help for me. But Dr Phil said the best way to heal or fill yourself up from a pain is to give what you wish you have gotten.

That is making sense now. I do get joy if I can make my mom happy though that is a hard one.

My mom is going home today. I wish she be in the hospital longer. I can't believe they are letting her go so fast. I feel she has the best care in the hospital.

Yea I enjoy looking a kholmes picture too. I never know them though!
    Take care,
    Rene