My Mom has had Parkinson's since I was very young....

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by orchid26, Feb 19, 2009.

1. orchid26

orchid26 New Member

and now i am about 19. I know that Parkinsons is usually something that afflicts older people but not in our case. I love my mom I just wish she would talk to me more about her disease. Lately I have been trying to figure out if the fact that I have gone 3000 miles away from home for school is a good idea in light of her disease. Of course the family is no help, they would never tell me if it was a good or bad idea, but i've definitely gotten a little backlash from family friends. Does anyone have/had a similar situation or any advice. thanks.
  2. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

If your Mom wanted to discuss her ailment she would have. I believe she wants you to continue with school and she will deal with her ailment like she has for so many years--without you. Family friends don't count here and your Mom, without words, has made the decision as to how she wants to deal with her ailment and she absolutely has that right.

If you had given up everything for her Parkinson's you would have given up most of your life and your schooling already--your Mom obviously wants you to get your schooling. I truly believe that if something changes and she needs you, that she will contact you immediately. Take care.