My mom is in ICU and I was told she could die yesterday

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rene, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Rene

Rene New Member

I was at the hospital for 11 hours yesterday as my mom has a infection from a surgery with a high fever 103.9.

I got there and the dr said that she could die today (which was yesterday) and I got a chaplain as I was by myself. I was in one of those private rooms for a couple of hours.

Today she is still in ICU but they say she is better I was there for 6 hours thank God they have a recliner cause I would only be able to stay an hour if that.

She has a nurse that never leaves her side and she is on breathing tubes. They think she is stable enough to operate tomorrow as she had a rod put in in Sept and that is where the infection is coming from.

I do know she is in the best hopital. We were supposed to go to court this week for her abuse that I had been upset about on WEdnesday. I don't know how much more I can take but at least they are saying she won't die today.
    Rene
  2. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

You and your mom are in my prayers and thoughts!

PLEASE don't give up hope...............I have seen many people who they give days to live .....last another 10 years +!

My father in law was given 6 months about 10 years ago and he just passed away this weekend!

PLEASE let me know how your mom is doing!

Hugs and Prayers
    Doxy
  3. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

I'm so sorry to hear that your mom is so sick. I will keep your mother, you, and the rest of your family in my thoughts and prayers. This must be an extremely difficult time for you.

Gentle healing hugs,
    Kim
  4. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

rene; so sorry to hear about your mother. Please so not give up hope, it sounds like she is in good hands.

You and your mother are in my prayers.
  5. kriket

kriket New Member

You are having a tough time and I am sure you are mentally drained as well as emotionally. Try to stay calm and remember that we are all thinking and praying for you and your mom's health. I hate that you are by yourself. I've been in that same situation and it is no fun when you are at a hospital alone and the doctor tells you devastating news. I will pray for you-try and take care of yourself.
    I know, easier said than done.

Kriket
  6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i am sorry you are needing to go through this...

hugs

jodie
  7. kellyann

kellyann New Member

My prayers are with you and your mom. I pray she gets better.
    Take Care
    Kellyann
  8. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

Please know that I am thinking of you and prayers for you and your mother.

keep us informed on how you both are doing
    Tami
  9. Rene

Rene New Member

Thanks. She is still in icu with her 24 hour nurse who doesn't leave her room.

They want her to have surgery but I am so scared as she is really bad. I am doing really bad too. I don't think I can get there. THey don't know what time today her surgery is.

She just had hip surgery two weeks ago and also yesterday they said she has COPD.

Thanks for your kindness
    Rene
  10. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

Rene, You and your Mom are in my thoughts and prayers

during this tough time. I hope and pray that she recovers

from this and regains her strength.

Please take care of yourself.

Love & Hugs

carolin
  11. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

You and your Mom are in my prayers. Please take care of yourself also; your Mom needs you.

God Bless You and Your Mom,

BlueSky555
  12. ckball

ckball New Member

I am so sorry your mom is not doing well. just take it one day at a time and let God handle the rest.

You are a great daughter and I hope your mother gets better everyday. My mother had sepsis and was told she would not make it, 2 years later she is still here.

We saw the surgeon yesterday. He does not want to operate since she doesn't walk and with the staph infection in foot he said it probably be a amputation if they tried to operate. She has to leave the brace on for another 3 weeks and see. The bone is broke but not out of place, so he is hoping it will eventually heal on its own. It will just take longer because of the diabetes.

My prayers are with you, take care and let us know how things are. Carla
  13. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I am so sorry. I do hope things get turned around. You will be in all of our prayers.

Love Anne Cromwell
  14. karenreese

karenreese New Member

Rene,
    You'll be in my thoughts and prayers...Be sure to take care of yourself, as well. tc Karen
  15. mrpain

mrpain New Member

I just prayed for your mom and will continue to. Take care!
  16. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi thank you all for your kind words-they mean a lot. Thanks too Webintrig and Carla for saying I'm a good daughter cause I really want to be.

My mom did fine in the surgery. She is in ICU and will be there for a few days.

Her blood presure on Monday would not go above 50 so she was really gonna die that day so I'm glad she is fine.

Carla I think that is a good idea putting off the surgery. I actually felt the same way too but that rod had to come out as it was causing her an infection. Its a lot of work for you to have your mom in nursing home. Thank you for all of your kind words too. We have a lot in common.

Thanks,
    Rene

17. ckball

ckball New Member

I'm glad your mom made it thru the surgery. Was the infection from the last surgery or a plate from a previous surgery?

I know it is hard when they are in ICU. Our Hosp had visiting hour at 9-1-4 for one hour. I wasn't able to go but once or twice a day. So do only what you can do. The nurses were very nice and called me to give a shift change report because they knew I couldn't be there all the time.

It takes a strong person to handle this the way you are. I hope your mom is able to understand that.

Keep the faith and take care, you are in my prayers.Carla
  18. whoachief

whoachief New Member

is in my prayers. I'm so sorry you are going thru this and I hope she is doing better SOON! Remember to take care of yourself too!!
  19. sisland

sisland New Member

We are all with you in thought and prayer! Stay strong!
  20. Maribelle

Maribelle New Member

So glad to hear that your mom is doing better.

I will continue to keep her and you in my prayers.

Remember you are never alone....we are here for you.

Take care,
    Maribelle