My mom is leaving ICU today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rene, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Rene

Rene New Member

Well I can't believe it because she just improved sooooo fast overnight. Anyway I just called and shes leaving ICU sometime today.

I will go later today after she moves so hopefully the new room will have a recliner so I can stay longer.

My moms birthday is tomorrow so I will get her flowers now that its allowed.

Thanks again but I'm gonna need you guys some more but will get into that later.

Rene
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i hope she continues to improve...

happy b-day to her..

jodie
  3. ckball

ckball New Member

I am so happy for you and your mom. She must be a fighter. My mom's birthday is Wed, she will be 71. Those leos really are lions sometimes,lol

I guess now you have to figure out where she will go when she gets out of the hospital. Don't forget to talk to a social worker at the hospital. Just ask the head nurse for her unit for one. Explain your situation and they will help you. They helped me tremendouly. That is what they are there for.

Good luck, sending prayers and birthday wishes for your mom-Carla

4. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

We.ve been paying for her.Now you can enjoy good times with her again.Linda
  5. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

Pleas tell your Mom happy birthday for me. I know you are so happy and relieved. She will love the flowere.

We are here when you need us.

You are both still in my prayers.

Pam
  6. jeduanboneis

jeduanboneis New Member

What a great present for her to get out of ICU for her bday!

My prayers are with you and your mom for continued improvement!!!

God Bless !!!
  7. Roseblossom

Roseblossom Member

This is very good news.

I will enjoy hearing what flowers you chose, too :)

Roseblossom
  8. Rene

Rene New Member

I went and saw her and they were gonna send her up to the brand new part of the hospital on the 14th floor. I was to tired and had to go.

SHe is very unhappy an I feel sorry for her. SHe screamed at me that I don't pay attention to her. Yep shes back all right! I know absolutely she has a right to be miserable.
    I just keep trying to make her happy.

I well tell her about all the prayers that you all have been doing. I should have already told her. Sorry. It did mean a lot to me.

Yes I will have fun picking out flowers tomorrow. I haven't been to a florest in years! It will be fun.
    I let you know what I get.

Thanks,
    Rene
  9. ckball

ckball New Member

I am glad you mom is better but sorry she yelled at you. You really have to remember it is not about you. It is her own feeling about herself, she just mirrors them to you.

I know how you feel. Don't feed into it, just smile and tell her you love anyway. It is NOT your fault and you can't make her happy if she doesn't want to be happy.

I had to finally give up, nothing was ever enough for my mom. She always picked on something.

Be stronger and know we are here for you-Carla