My Mom is still in the hospital

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by bandwoman, Apr 2, 2007.

1. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I have decided to take off the whole week, so yes Littleblue I am still in Decatur. Have you been sick too?

the doctor can't seem to get my mom's diarrhea under control. She is having a sigmoidoscopy this morning. I have stayed home from the hospital the last two days and I still feel poorly so I am staying home again today.

I tried to get a refill on my meds and the clinic never called me back. It is a good thing I didn't need them afterall.

I am feeling pretty down in the dumps but I think it is just the sickness at this point. I feel like I am trapped in a time warp and can't get out. The world is still going on and I am NOT.

My principal called me at my mom's yesterday. She is the best. She said take off as much time as I need and if I need more time than this week that would be fine. So that is a relief to have a principal like that. I have had others......well I won't go into that.

My prayer request would be that my mom get over this diarrhea and get well and that I could snap out of it as well.

Thanks again for all of you. This board has been a lifesaver for me.

Love you all,
    Nancy [This Message was Edited on 04/02/2007]
  2. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Thanks for the update. Hope both you and your mom start doing better, been a long haul. Glad you had a good response from your principal.

hugs and prayers.
  3. caffey

caffey New Member

It is a relief to know that things are taken care of at work. One less thing to worry about.

You are prayed for often, loved a lot and thought of often.

Please take care of yourself and make sure you eat and rest when you can. You can send Mindy up and she can terrorize kitty.lol.

I have a biggie problem. All that Gaither music from you and Sue keeps putting me to sleep. She lent me the Issacs and Easters. Have tried 3 times to listen to the Issacs. On top of trying to figure out how to work the dvd player and find out where I went to sleep. lol. Want to borrow the player. It is probably what you need.

I am here anytime.Blessings.
    Love ya
    Cath
  4. pepper

pepper New Member

I am praying for both you and your mom. That your mom gets well and that you recover from all this.

I hope that you will take all the time that you need, first of all to feel better and then to have some not-so-sick down time. You need it and you deserve it.

If there is anything I could change about my life it would be that I would not have dragged myself into work feeling sick as a dog. In the end it didn't do anybody any favours.

Thinking of you and praying for you.
    Love, Judy
  5. 143alan

143alan New Member

I am keeping your Mom in my prayers and you also of course. I'm glad you have a good principal that will work with you at times like this. I know it's a relief not having to worry about work.

Let us know how the test comes out for your Mother. I pray she is healed and that you are too.
    Love Ya
    Nancy
  6. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

Thanks Asa. I replied to you a couple of times this week but I am not sure you saw them. Yes, this has been a long haul for both my mom and I. My poor sister is probably going nuts between the two of us. She does live here in town so that certainly helps. She is going back to school tomorrow. Ugh.She is a teacher's assistant at one of the schools here in town.
    How is your bladder situation at this point? I hope it is better. I know you have a long wait still.

Thanks Cath for your prayers and support. I am sorry the CD's are putting you to sleep. I am not familiar with the set but they must be more soothing than upbeat. My mom got the results of the sigmoid. today and it was fine. They did a biopsy too. She was having pain tonight so they did a stomach xray and that was fine. Now she thinks they haven given her some meds that have stopped her from going period. I think I want to run away from home. LOL

She is having lots of pain in her tailbone now where she apparently fell. If you could see how tiny my mom's only bathroom is it is a total miracle that she did not kill herself when she passed out the first time.

I don't know if I told you that her upper blood pressure was only 50 that night and I really thought I was going to lose my second parent then. It was so scary. I know you have something important tomorrow but I wasn't sure if it was more lab work or seeing the doctor again. I will be praying for you regarding getting down to what is wrong with you.

Judy, how has hubby made out so far with this new sales job? I prayed for him but my sense of time these last few days is all mixed up. I saw today that he started full force with it so I will be praying and hoping that it all works out for him. I do hope that I get to feeling good enough where I can have some days off of actually feeling good and pretending it is my vacation.

Nancy,how are you holding up this week at work. Do you get off on Good Friday? I hope so. Then you could have a three day weekend. It is supposed to get very chilly up here over Easter unfortunately. We have had some really nice days but I haven' been out to enjoy them for a while. Mindy is doing fine but my sister's cat is not so lucky. She is in kidney failure and is spending a fortune on IV's for the poor thing. I don't think they think it is related to the tainted pet food though.

I am concerned as I am running out of Mindy's food and she has prescription food. I was hoping to send Alan a card but your address is at home. Tell him Happy Birthday. I think I saw somewhere that his 16th was on the 4th is that correct. I know that isn't yet but coming soon. I hope you can get through this week a little easier than at first. Is it getting any better yet? I am still praying.
    Take care.

I will keep in touch.

Love you all,
    Nancy
  7. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

I'm sorry to hear this bandwoman. I pray she and you recover soon.
    Is this still from the flu, or does she have something else??

Hugs,
    Misty
  8. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I think my mom's problem is still the stomach virus that more than likely we both had. Our colons have been a weak area for both of us all of our lives and that doesn't help any.

I am feeling better tonight and I sure hope I feel like this in the morning. My sister is going back to work tomorrow and I hope I will feel like sitting with my mom at the hospital maybe tomorrow.

Thanks for your concern. You posted to me quite some time ago and I wrote back but I am not sure you ever saw it. It is probably buried somewhere now on another page.

How are your horses doing? Take care and thanks again for your concern.

Love,
    Nancy

9. fromnz

fromnz Guest

Asa told me in an email of your plight so I had to come on to the board tonight to see what was up. I do hope you & your mother are recovering now.
    What an awful week you have had, so much for the holiday! You will be glad to return to work to get away from it all.
    I hope your mother comes home soon, & you get your strength back before returning to your busy life.
    Best wishes & prayers from over here.
    Linda.
  10. 143alan

143alan New Member

Girl, don't you worry about Alan and I! You've got your hands full taking care of yourself and your mother.

Alan and I are managing just fine. Yes, he turns 16 tomorrow 4/4. You wanta know something weird. He was born on 4/4/91 and was born at 4:44 p.m. and there were 4 people in the delivery room. My room # was 204. You think 4 may be a lucky number for him?????LOL

Take care, I sure wish I could be there to help you get Mindy her food and run errands that kind of thing. I'd even sit with your mother as bad as I hate hospitals.

Love You, you are still in my prayers for healing and strength. Take Care
    Nancy
  11. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I appreciate Asa letting you know about me. I am not sure we have officially met. I do remember seeing your name before. I think you came on shortly after I did or at least with your new name. I think I read your bio early this morning about you being a member before with a different name.

My mom is still in the hospital but I think will be coming home maybe tomorrow or the next day. I was able to go back to the hospital today after staying home for three days.

I am better but have a ways to go yet before getting back into my hectic teaching schedule.

Thanks for the prayers and the well wishes. Nice to meet you.

Love,
    Nancy
  12. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I don't know if we have officially met. It is nice to meet you. Thanks for your prayers. We both can certainly use them.

I was able to get back to the hospital today after staying home and trying to get better myself. I am not 100% yet but certainly better than last week at this time.

My mom will maybe get to come home tomorrow or the next day. She is really weak so I hope she can be a little stronger before they release her.

I have not posted to you when I was so sick but I did read your posts and I feel for you. I know you are struggling. This board is a great support and many will pray for you whether they post or not.

There are many wonderful people here from all over the world. It is a little community of support that is very comforting. I hope that things look up for you and know that this is a safe place to come when you need some help. Hang in there and know that God will not forsake you. He loves you very, very much.

Love,
    Nancy
  13. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

Tell Alan Happy Birthday for me. I hope you guys get to do something special on his big day.

Take care and I will talk later. I did make it to the parking lot tonight so got to my email.

Love ya,
    Nancy
  14. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I am glad you are better now. Lots of stuff going around I guess. It is now Thursday, April 5 and my mom is still in the hospital. I had a setback last night and went to bed really nauseated again. I woke up feeling not much better.

They have only determined that it is not bacterial but viral. I guess they send the culture off to the state to get a definitive strain. I know, sounds crazy to me. So, I think that we may never know unless we really pursued it after we are all well and at that point I don't know if we will really care or not.

The dr said it was the kind of thing that goes through ships and sickens everyone on the ship.

My uncle that lives in Decatur started getting it yesterday and a cousin emailed me yesterday and said that her kids family had all had it last week.

My mom was not responding to the diarrhea meds for days. Now she has the opposite problem so they had to give her something for that. I haven't talked with her today yet. I am thinking of not going to the hospital today. They may put my mom on a rehab floor at the hospital because she is so weak. They are actaully giving her PT and OT which is good but seems strange to me for someone who has had a stomach virus.

So I will let you all know what happens. I can't make plans to go back to school until I have a better idea when they think she can come home.

Thanks for your concern and prayers.
    We still need them for sure!

Love,
    Nancy