My mom needs prayers, please

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by BethM, Jul 24, 2003.

1. BethM

BethM New Member

My Dad passed away last December, and my Mom isn't doing well. She has FMS and other health problems, including depression. They were married 55 years. We are a close family and help her as much as we can, but she is overwhelmed with the tasks of doing everything Dad always took care of. She is depressed and in pain. She is still grieving, but she can't continue like this. (yes, she's getting medical care) We all miss Dad (darn it, I'm crying on the keyboard again) but this has been so very hard for her. She needs to find some peace of mind and heart.

Thank you all.
    Beth.
    PS I don't know if it matters, but we are not a Christian family. We are Jewish and spiritual. [This Message was Edited on 07/24/2003]
  2. LeLeHpr

LeLeHpr New Member

But, I have lost many loved ones, though I miss them dearly I am always comforted to know I will see them again. Our seperation is only temporary.

Hope this is comforting.
  3. Nikki

Nikki Member

in my prayers. Although I'm Christian, you certainly don't have to be Christian to have prayers said for you on this board. Turn it over to God. He can handle anything. It certainly sounds like you, too, are going thru a difficult time..............missing your father and worried about your mother. It's very hard. But, know that we all care.

Has your mother tried grief counseling. I've heard it can teach you the stages of grief and how to deal with it. Everyone has their own time table when it comes to coping with the loss of a loved one.

3 yrs ago in Mar. my father died unexpectedly on the day my MIL was having her leg amputated. MIL died 6 days later. Then a few months later my husbands' only sibling's only child was killed in a car accident. Then, my step father got really sick w/cancer and died after about 3 mos. of agony. So many people were praying for us. It didn't stop all the tragedy from happening, but it was a great comfort knowing so many people were remembering us in their daily prayers.

Hopefully you will all find peace soon.

Love,
    Sharon

4. mamafurr

mamafurr New Member

it doesn't matter that you are not a Christian. God loves all of us. how difficult for all of you. i can't even begin to think how hard it is for her after being w/your dad for 55 yrs. and my sympathy extends to you as well.

i will continue to pray for you all.

i just don't have any words today for some reason.
    take care
    alice
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Am so sorry about your lost, I do know how you feel, but your Mom must be hurting worst of all, thats a longtime to be with someone.

It is an honor to pray for her and all of your family.

God's blessings upon all of you......

Shalom Alechem,

Shirl
  6. receani

receani New Member

I will be praying for comfort and peace for your mother, yourself and the rest of your family. I am a Christian and I believe prayer is for everyone. Therefore this prayer is extended to your household with love and compassion.
  7. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

Am sending up a prayer for you, your mom & your whole family. I pray your mom finds the peace of mind & heart that she deserves.

Take care....Kathi
  8. KCD

KCD New Member

May God lift you up during this time of heartache. May you see God's glory and feel His peace.Amen...KCD
  9. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

Hi Beth,
    I am sorry to hear of your loss and the continued grief your family is suffering through. I feel for you as I know how difficult it is to be in such a position that we can do no more to help a hurting loved one, but just watch them suffer. My prayer is that your mother will receive the inner peace, which only our heavenly father can so completely give, and that she will find all her needs will be met by the one who supplies us with everything we require day by day. I also pray that the Lord will lift up the veil of tears and sadness that continues to consume and bring brighter and hope filled days into your mother's life and into your own. Blessings be to you and your family dear one, my prayers are with you and yours.

In Christ's love,
    ~Angel

(I always sign off in this way to give honor to the one that sustains me as I am a "Christ"ian and I would never deny His greatness or power in my life.)
  10. BabsFl

BabsFl New Member

I stand in agreement for all the prayers for your family and will continue to pray. Prayer is for everyone.
    I doesn't matter your religion, we may pray a lottle different...but all the answers come from God.......

God Bless,
    Barb
  11. BethM

BethM New Member

I've not been back to this board in awhile... thank you all for your kindness. we are managing, day by day, yes, Mom is in a grief group. I'm going to see her tomorrow, will go with her to a doctor's appointment on Tuesday.

God bless you all.

Beth.
  12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Bless all of you. This isn't easy for anybody. BTW, this is a nondenominational board and everyone is welcome.

I will keep your family in my prayers.

Dec. isn't that long ago; grieving takes however long it takes. It might be helpful for your Mom, and even for the rest of the family, to get some grief counseling. It really helps.

On the practical side, your Mom just isn't ready to start taking on the practical things which need to be done. In her mind, she is probably still in denial and by doing what your Dad used to do, it is facing a reality which, to her, is just too painful yet to face. Yes, it cannot go on like this forever, but it is obvious that she is not ready, and no amount of trying to force the issue is going to help. First, she needs help in accepting your Dad's death and that where the counseling comes in.

Good luck to you all and please, let us know how you are getting along.

Love, Mikie