My Mom now has pnemonia and had rough night

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rene, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Rene

Rene New Member

I talked to the nurse and she said my mom has pnemonia. I'm upset. She has a fever too.

I will go down later tonight as I am weak and its gonna be hot which makes me weaker.

Thanks Rene
  2. ruby711

ruby711 New Member

Sorry to hear about your mom. My mom had pnum. recently and she did very well on antibiotics. The doctor was very quick in ordering them and my mom showed 80% improvement within 3-4 days.
    ruby
  3. Rene

Rene New Member

yea if you have a positive story on pnemounia please share. Was your mom in ICU???

I don't know when to go see her. If I go now I can stay even less if I got tonight I can stay longer. They may bronc her tube.

Also my mom has 3 elderly but young heart dogs and 2 cats don't know what I'd do with tham as I love them but upstairs in apt.

I can't lose her or the dogs either. They are 13 14 and 15 yrs.

I have to look up pnemonia as I don't know what it is.
    Thanks,
    Rene

4. Roseblossom

Roseblossom Member

This is such a tough time for you.

Please know that we're thinking of you & sending you a constant stream of comfort & caring.

I was so touched reading your post about picking out the little baby elephant cuddle toy for your mom. I hope you hold it & take comfort from it as well.

Don't hesitate to ask the people at the hospital for answers to all your questions, and for advice on how to deal with all this, too - some hospitals are set up very well to help the family with this.

You are a wonderful loving daughter that anyone would be honoured to call her own.

Best,

Roseblossom
  5. kjfms

kjfms Member

your poor mother bless her heart. I am thinking of you both.

Please take care,

Karen
  6. ckball

ckball New Member

My goodness, it gets worse before it gets better. My mom has had pnuemonia several times. It is not uncommon in people that lay in bed constantly.

They breath shallow and the lungs don't get the moisture out and the fluid gathers in the lungs. My mom got it after she had her triple by-pass. She was in ICU for over 2 weeks, then a room in hospital rehab for about a month, then on to the nursing home for another 2 months.

She was better at that time than she had been the entire time I took care of her. She was back to walking with her walker. Physical therpay cam to the house 2 days a week for a month or so.

But she went back to her lazy ways and stopped her excerises and went back down hill again.

It sounds like they are on top of your mom and if they get the meds and respitory therapy going she will probably pull out of this.

She must have a strong will to live, do what you can, but take care of yourself too. Carla
  7. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

rene, Both of you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Please stay strong and keep the faith that she will

recover. You are truly a loving daughter.

Love & Hugs

carolin
  8. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

You and your mother are in my prayers. Please remember to take care of yourself. My Grandfather had pneumonia while he was in ICU and they treated it with antibiotics and he recovered from it. As said in another post do not be afraid to ask queestions of the Drs. or nurses.
  9. Rene

Rene New Member

Well I went to the hospital and the Dr told me my mom has no gag reflex. She said that means that the food can go in the wrong place.

DO you know what questions I should ask?????

Thanks Busyknitter for the story about your grandpa I need to hear that. My mom had balls of antibiotics surgically placed on Tues

Yes Roseblossom I too will get pleasure from the elephant too. It wasn't on her bed they had to move it. I was gonna take it home for me but maybe tomorrow as that would make me feel close to her.

Karen poor mom is right. She just broke her hip the middle of July and then couple of months was sexually exposed to repeadly and then had mini strokes in March. SHes been bedridden for 1 1/2 yrs and only 67.

Carla, gosh I should just keep asking you what will happen next as we had everything the same happen with our mom. Scarey!

Thanks Carolyn for your well wishes. Rene
  10. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

I would ask if no gag reflex and food going the wrong place was what caused the pneumonia. They told me that was what caused my Grnadfathers.

What they plan to do next.

When ever they want to do something ask why and exactly what it is for.

You are a wonderful daughter.

God Bless; Pam
  11. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

So sorry to hear. I'll keep you in my prayers too.
  12. Rene

Rene New Member

Thanks. You're right about sittig up as they elevated the bed where her head is.

She just looks soooooo bad. In so much pain.

They are going to take more xrays tomorrow of her lung. That is all I know. My neighbor told me her mom, sister and cousin died of pneuomia after being in the hospital for other things.

But then you guys told me how your relatives got over it right??

Thansk.
    Rene
  13. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

Right. We did tell you how our relatives got over it. Please think postive.

Pam