My mom was sent to the ER as a unresponsiveplease pray

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ckball, Apr 13, 2008.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

I just got a call from the NH and mom is moaning but unresponsive, please send positive thoughts and prayers for her- I don't know how long I will be- thank you all-Carla
  2. budmickl

budmickl New Member

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your mom.

Take as long as you need.

3. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

A mother/child relationship is sooooo special. A mother is the hub of the family.

Thinking of you today.......Patti
  4. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

I will keep you both in my prayers Carla.
  5. sisland

sisland New Member

Sending Prayers for you and your Mom!,,,,,,,,,Hugs!,,,,,Sis
  6. mezombie

mezombie Member

I will definitely be sending positive thoughts for both you and your mother.

Hang in there, girl!
  7. stick2013

stick2013 Member

I hope that she pulls out of this and is fine. My thoughts and prayers are with you....
  8. ckball

ckball New Member

You all are so wonderful but I am sad to say that she had a maasive stroke, she has a 2 in clot in a part of her brain that is inoperable. So they are giving her meds to contain the swelling on her brain but do not expect her to recover.

She paralyzed on the right side and totaly unresponsive. It is so hard to sit there and know she is not going to recover. It is a matter of time and god now.

Thank all of you for your wonderful words of support and comfort, you do not know how much that means to me.

You are my family and I am so grateful that I can come here and pour my heart out to you and you all understnd.

I am on the hospital computer, they are putting a cath in her and have a while to wait for a room. She has a DNR so will not go to ICU, this was her decision when she was admitted to the nursing home. She did not want to be on life support since she is bed bound.

I am not sure how long I will stay as the girls are home alone, I did leave pee pads. Again thank all of you for being here for me, I love you all-Carla
  9. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Dear Carla - So sorry to hear of your mom having a massive stroke. That is just terrible. Just know you are in out thoughts and prayers and your mom too.

10. stick2013

stick2013 Member

I do hope that i don't overstep my boundaries or say anything that will upset you as this is not my intention.

Letting go is so hard for those of us left behind.....It hurts, it's hard and we want and need our parents. I will say a prayer that your mom goes peaceful and that you can accept that she will be in a better place without the hurt or pain.

My prayers are with you.....
  11. Marta608

Marta608 Member

You'll both be in my prayers.

12. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I'm so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your Mom.
  13. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Be safe. God bless you both right now.

14. victoria

victoria New Member

I know how hard it is to have to sit by when there's nothing that can be done... please know my thoughts are with you and your Mother...

all the best,

15. boltchik

boltchik New Member

I am so sorry for what you are going through with your dear Mom. Please know that we are all praying for you and thinking of you. Hugs, Kim
  16. jmq

jmq New Member

I am saying a special prayer that God makes it as easy as possible for both of you. I lost my Mom, who was my best friend. She actually died in my home, in my arms. She had cancer and was so miserable so it was the right time. I could not stand to see her suffering...yet I could not imagine taking a breath without her in the world.

Its now been 13 years and I am still breathing! Amazing how the spirit can heal. I still feel my Mom with me all the time. I hope your Mom can some how pull out of this and be with you longer....but if she cant, we will be here to comfort you.

You are so right about this being another family. For me personally, is more of a family than my own.

Hugs ot you,
  17. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

You have a lot of love here being sent to you...
    A lot of prayers, a lot of comforting thoughts for both you and your Mom. May God hold you both closely right now.

18. ckball

ckball New Member

I am home now but need to get up at 6 to be at the hospital to meet the Dr by 7:30 am.

She is in a room and was quite when I left. When I went back to the ER after posting, she was moaning and groaning very loud but was not responsive, she kept putting her left hand on her head like she was in a lot of pain.

They gave her ativan and it helped, so after I spoke to her nurses on her floor I left, I stopped by my best freinds house and had a good talk with her.

I am ok, I talked to my mom many times today and told her I loved her and it was ok to "go home". It is what's best for her, I know that. She has been in a bed for 3 years, if she does survive this, she will be a vegetable.

She has suffered enough. We have had a very rocky road over the years but have came to terms with everything in the last year.

I know I have told some of you that I feel god has been putting a lot on a plate the last few months and I felt he was preparing me for something, I think this is my something.

She could not make it threw the night or she could be like this for months, they don't know right now. I am prepared for the worst and am praying that god does take her so she can be with with my father and her parents and be at peace.

I am a survivor and will do as I always have and carry on, I will miss her because we did resolve our differences and could talk to my mom again after not being able to for many years. So I am glad we have had this time.

Thank you all for your words of support and comfort and prayers, I truly appreciate it and I cried while reading the posts. Having this place to come to gives me strengh because I know people do care and I do not feel so alone.

Well I must eat something and get to bed. Bless all you for being here for me, I couldn't believe I had so many responses-I will let you know something tomorrow. I will take my laptop with me and spend most of the day with her. Carla

19. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear the news.

Sometimes all we can do is try to accept like the serenity prayer says. I'll be thinking of you.

20. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your Mother at this difficult time. May it help to know that others care. May God be close to you.

Love, doloresf1