my mom will NOT see a doctor.. HELP

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by babyk902, Mar 25, 2009.

1. babyk902

babyk902 New Member

my mom and i BOTH have CFS.. my mom is way more severe than I am (we both go to two different doctors, I believe that mine is extremely helpful but she disagrees).. she is constantly buying her own meds online because she has gone to so many doctors and believes that they haven't helped her, but i truly believe that these meds are making her worse and she thinks that she is just "herxing" all the time.. but you can't be herxing 24/7 and she keeps getting worse not better! she spends hundreds of dollars on TONS of different meds and not only is it getting expensive, but i think this is very harmful too.. MY doctor has even told her to stop taking some of these and she refuses to.

my problem is that the past couple weeks she is constantly going to the bathroom (has the runs for the past 10 days) and cannot eat anything, but thinks that she can medicate herself and wait it out and it will eventually pass. She's been completely bedbound, had adominal pain that was so severe she almost went to the ER but tried to stick it out and ignore it until it passed. She has also developed some sort of rash that will not go away either (persisted for about a month now). She can barely get out of bed and has this issue with her stomach and everything going right through her. What I'm nervous about is that this could potentially be something very serious and that something is actually wrong with her, and with her not cooperating and wanting to help herself im very concerned it could be even fatal.

what do i do and how do i get her to open up and stop being so critical and stubborn. im getting worried! please help.
    [This Message was Edited on 03/26/2009]
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

I feel for you. I know how hard it is to get our elderly parents to listen and let you help them. I went thru this(not as bad)with my dad.

This is a dangerous situation. Your mom could be combining things that shouldnt be. Also dehyrating herself. Do you live together? Could you get her to go to her doc? Then tell him(take all supps with you) whats going on.
    Unfornately as long as she is aware you are helpless. Maybe try calling a senoir adovcate agency and see if they can help. Do you have other family that could step in and help?

Next time the pain or whatever starts call an abulance even if she doesnt go they will evaulte her.

please keep us posted Im worried about you also
  3. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

I would worry about the combination of meds.....I'm just recently out of the hospital myself for the same reason! It was very serious.

Call EMS...have them take her by ambulance or tell her she must go to the ER. This is not helpful to your CFS either, remind her of that:)

Please let us know how this turns out!
  4. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

If it were my Mom, I'd do whatever it took to get her to a Dr. Immediately. I'd play any cards I had. Tell her you don't want to lose her etc., she can't be selfish, etc. (whatever it takes)
    Tell her this is not CFS related, so no need to avoid a Dr. Ask her to do it for you.

Take her to a Dr. of her choice - even urgent care for that matter - compromise, negotiate, anything - this has gone on too long and like you said could be very serious.