My moms trial got continued til August

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rene, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Rene

Rene New Member

I am so happy as I have been petrified about this trial about my mom. My mom is happy too. I did get a beta blocker yesterday as I have severe public speaking phobia and today I'm seeing a councelor.

My thinking is the creap is gonna get caught again for something else pretty soon and we won't have to go to trial. Its only a misdimeanor (which is not right) but he gets a jury trial. I just have tons of stress going on. I've lost 15pds eating lots of pizza and other bad stuff so I got to find out too.

My dr yesterday doesn't think thats a big deal but I have to try reeally hard to lose 1 pd but to lose 15 pds stuffing myself is not right.

Thanks all for your help!!!!!!!
    I'll keep you updated.
    Rene
  2. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

Try the relaxation things.

Additionally, check with the library. Ours has tapes and books on relaxation things and on overcoming social fears.

THEY ARE FREE.

I used to be so shy, and socially impaired.

Then, I went to college to be an RN, and I had to learn to talk to anybody about anything. I mean ANYTHING. That made me loose being shy, believe me.

Then, I went to Nurse Anesthesia school, and did that not do more. I learned how to speak to anyone about anything and make them comfortable. Then I BEGAN TO TEACH, FIRST CLINICALLY, AND THEN IN THE CLASSROOM.

My students were in awe in respect to the repoir I could establish with patients, in minutes. I could get them to tell me things they hadn't told their doctors in years. About how much they smoked, drank, etc. BECAUSE I AM NOT AND WAS NOT JUDGEMENTAL.

Our Anesthesiologists would evaluate patients and it would say non smoker. They would ask, Do you smoke, and drop it.

I would say, Do you smoke? NO. Did you ever smoke? Yes. When did you quit? Last night. I kid you not.

I then, began to be asked, because of my students, etc. to SPEAK AT REGIONAL, STATE, AND ALL KINDS OF MEETINGS. I WAS TERRIFIED.

I did the relaxation things, and the one on one type, and spoke as I did when one on one, even in the huge meetings, and did the emagine everyone sitting in the audience in their underwear but me, and it GIVES YOU CONFIDENCE, IF YOU CAN KEEP FROM LAUGHING.

I am now, so lonely, as this DD is very isolating. I am disabled, and have been for ten years, and I MISS WORKING, I LOVED MY WORK, EXCEPT FOR THE POLITICS, AND DOING A REALLY GOOD JOB, MAKING A DIFFERENCE IN A PERSON'S LIFE, EVEN IF THEY DIDN'T KNOW I HAD.

Now, I don't have many friends left, as I can't work, can't really sit through church, and watch it on the tellie, and going out to lunch is a big deal. My therapist makes me go out so I don't become a hermit.

I live outside Houston, and the HEAT JUST KILLS ME.

However, you can do this. BELIEVE ME. YOU CAN.
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Have you ever been to a trial? Because trials are not like the ones in the movies/TV.

Is the defendant or your mom famous? Are the attorneys famous? Because if not, the trial will probably be very brief w/ very few people watching. The press won't be there.

Go and watch some trials. See what goes on. See how large the crowd is. See how the witnesses behave. I am sure you will see it is no big deal.
  4. Rene

Rene New Member

That is a good idea rock but I'm pretty much a shut in. I may actually do that though.

Texasmom, we sound a lot a like but I don't have kids and live alone. I love the library and will go online and see if they have a relaxation tape.
    Thanks!
    Rene