My mother's caregiver

Discussion in 'Caregivers' started by Rea, Oct 2, 2002.

1. Rea

Rea New Member

My mother passed away last Friday. I took care of here in my home with a lot of help from hospice and my family. She had pulmonary fibrosis and lung cancer. It was a long struggle. She was also blind.

I am so glad I kept pushing and kept her here now. There were so many times I would cry from sheer exhaustion and not know if I could go on.

But now I have time to rest. I am at peace knowing she died very peacefully with her family around her.
  2. mayline

mayline New Member

ive lost three people in a little over a year so i truly can say i know. love and lots of hugssss mable
  3. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

Please except my "Deepest Sympathy" on the loss of your mother..And now please take some much needed rest for yourself..
    Take Care........Donna
  4. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

So sorry about your mother. I, too, just lost my mother on October 12. Like your mother, she was in poor health for almost five years. I am glad her long struggle is finally over, but miss the well mother very much. Take as much time as you need to rest. I am resting as much as I can, although I am executor of her estate so I still have some responsibilities. I am glad I hung in there for her, but don't know how long I could have continued.

Lots of hugs,

5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Rea, I am so glad you kept her home with you, you know that you did all that you could do.

I lost my Dad, then my Mom within four months of each other, we took care of them at home too, they also left this world with their family around them, and in a place they were confortable with. That makes it so much easier for us to deal with the grief.

Know your Mom is in a better place, without pain and tears now.

God bless you for being the good daughter you are.

Shalom, Shirl
  6. Dreed

Dreed New Member

I have just logged on.
    Sorry to hear about your Mother.
    My Mother has been in and out of the hospital with Pneumonia.
    My sister needs support with my Mother in Indiana.
    They have trouble getting along in the first place.
    How can I help her...she is ready to commit suicide.
    She lost her job recently...because of taking care of My Mother...(too much out time from work)
    What can I as a sister do for her, is there someone she can call for help? (Emotionally and Physically).