My muscles are acting crazy this morning, can anyone help?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by abbylee, Sep 2, 2005.

1. abbylee

abbylee New Member

I don't know what is going on today, but my muscles are doing something weird. I feel as though I need to run, do pull-up, push-ups, and exercise as hard as I can. I know better than to do this, but this sensation is driving me crazy!

I've never had anything like this before, and I've had fms for 42 years! I've tried massaging them, but it's not working.

Stretching is providing some relief, but it's not enough. And if I stretch too far, my muscles go into spasms. I don't know what could be causing this.

Has anyone ever had anything like this? I've soaked in the tub and have set my shower head on the most powerful spray, and it's just not working.

Any suggestions would be wonderful.

abbylee
    [This Message was Edited on 09/03/2005]
  2. matthewson

matthewson New Member

as this happens to me also! I thought it might either be anxiety or a restless leg syndrome type of thing! Sometimes I can trace it to forgetting to take my tramadol dose for a few hours over, if I am not in too much pain. Thought it might be a withdrawal type of feeling.

Don't know. Would like to see if others have this feeling from time to time also and what they attribute it to.

Take care, Sally
  3. abbylee

abbylee New Member

Thanks for letting me know that I'm not alone. I don't have RLS but I have a lot of leg pain. I'm wondering what is causing this sensation.

You guys are great!! I always get really good responses/information from folks in this group! Thank you so very much.

abbylee
  4. Suzan

Suzan New Member

Luckily it is not something I have often had to deal with.What has worked for me, was to take a xanax. I have a scrip for that...but it isn't a daily med for me. I rarely use the 30 in the scrip in a year! But , it is a great help for anxiety, and what you are describing could easily be an anxiety related response. I would say do some deep measured breathing...and some gentle stretches. That should help some...and even some relaxing tea, or some turkey( tryptophan may help) Or even just your favorite comfort carbs...All may help relax you and allow this feeling to leave. If you continue to have this feeling...please talk to your doc about it.
  5. Rose_Red

Rose_Red New Member

I get like this when there's a storm brewing or the barometer is moving quickly.

If you don't have Rx tranqs you can make chamomile tea and let it steep covered for at least 20 minutes. It's a very mild natural kind of thing to do.

You could also try Valerian but I don't know anything about the dosages.

michele
  6. abbylee

abbylee New Member

Thank you so much for your ideas. I have some Xanax (and I don't take all of mine either), so I think I'll try that for sure. The chamomile tea also sound like a good idea!

Since my original post, I've taken an extra Methadone and I've been in the whirlpool tub. I've had some relief from both of those but not nearly enough.

I don't feel like this is an anxiety attack, or if it is, it's different from all of the others I've had, but I won't rule anything out.

As usual, you guys have come through for me. Hugs to all of you and thanks again.

abbylee PS - No rain is in the forecast.
  7. abbylee

abbylee New Member

Since I posted this earlier, I've taken a Xanax along with my pain meds but have had very little relief.

Apparenty the weather is going to do something because usually my pain meds will take care of this problem.

Anyone else with experience in this, please reply.

abbylee