My name is AbbeyMae and I would like to introduce myself

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AbbeyMae, Mar 10, 2006.

1. AbbeyMae

AbbeyMae New Member

I have not been able to post my profile because today I am having problems with errors, not yet knowing if it is the site or my computer.

I go by the name of AbbeyMae, and I have gone through some of your posts and profiles, which I'd like to thank you all for sharing. I do not know how to do the photo thing yet. However I just purchased a digital camera and hopefully soon I will learn. Until then-no photos.

I am currently on SSDI. I use to be so athletic and active. My jobs I have had in the past includes: Single mother; hairstylist; bartender; food/cocktail waitress; and cashier and Union Steward for a union grocery store. I also have a current license of being a Registered Medical Assistant. I graduated a business college in 1990. I earned a 100% on my National Test, but regret that I did nothing with this career. I had went on to continue to bartend when I was offered a full time day job at a Hotel. I was raising my two children at the time.

I have been dx'd with FMS and CFIDS since Dec. 2002. Like everyone else, it took a couple of years. I was dx'd with rheumatic fever when I was 12(now 47), though tests were not conclusive--I was then placed on penicillin for nine years for prevention of the Strep.-germ-because my mother had a damaged heart valve from the Strep. before antibiotics were discovered. I always took hot baths, not too many showers, due to achy muscles. Therefore, I must have had FMS to a degree when I was a child. Who knows what meds my mom was on when she was pregnant with me? Needless to say I have systemic yeast infections and IBS. Also I have multiple chemical sensitivities. I have suffered from chronic shingles for the past three years, but now(knock on wood), it has been since Christmas 2005. I am on the computer now and able to type alot today, but that could be here this moment and gone the next.

Presently I live with someone(platonic). We help each other. I am not married and have not been since 1983 to the father of my children. I don't count the annulment in 1992. It was only for four months.

I have had a tough last couple of years. Lost my health, lost my job, lost my Apt., lost my uterus, lost my appendix and worst of all lost my 26 year old son in 2004. He was hit by a SUV from behind while riding his bicycle and killed instantly. Only a couple miles from where I live.

I have a 20 year old daughter and three granddaughters that do not live close to me since March 2004. They now live in CO where my son-in-law is from. I miss them living close to me.

I, like so many others, incorporate western medicine and alternative to treat my DD. I am tiring out now, so I gots to go. I am looking forward to being a part of your message board. I have learned some things already by reading your posts, replies, and profiles. And thanks to(don't recall the name), the one who suggested the Pantothenic Acid(Vit. B-5), for feet pain. I hope that I can pass things on with my sharing as well. Love to all!

Abbey Mae
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board. Sorry to hear you have both DDs (damned diseases). One is more than enough.

You will find lots of sympathetic listeners on this board. Maybe even some suggestions that will be of help to you.

Good luck.
  3. Vitter

Vitter New Member

Hi AbbeyMae

I am new to this message board as well. I was diagnosed with the EBV virus in 1990 very ill unable to work for at least 6 months slowly got back to work part time and then on to full time. I still work full time.

I have periods of time when I am sick. I have TMJ, sinusitis, and most recently been diagnosed with FM. I've been to doctors for all kinds of illnesses but nothing is ever really wrong. I really don't want them to find anything, I just know how I feel and I know it is not right.

I don't talk about my illness all that much, because I feel that it drags everyone down. It is nice to be able to talk to people like yourself. Not that I'm glad anyone has this illness just so I have someone to share with, but you know what I mean.

I am married, have two children and three grandchildren. These grandchildren are what keeps me going.

So sorry about your son, I also have a 26 year old son. My daughter has three children and they live about an hour away from me. I wish they lived closer. But I still an able to see them often.

Vicki

[This Message was Edited on 03/10/2006]
  4. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

Be sure to read up on the info about yeast. It is very helpful.

Linda
  5. Levismom

Levismom New Member

Welcome AbbeyMae,
    I have FM and IBS also, along with so many other issues. Sounds like you have had a rough couple years here lately. I'm so sorry to hear about your son. What a horrible thing to have to go through! My heart breaks for you.
    I have five children and NO grandchildren (I keep telling my kids to HURRY UP). My kids are 26, 25, 24, 20, and an almost 4 yr. old that we adopted. My kids are the light of my life and keep me going! I too had to quit working just over a year ago. I miss it, although I love being home with my little boy.
    My computer and talking to people on here is what keeps me sane!
    Take care and keep posting!
    LevisMom
  6. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Hi Abbey Mae,
    Welcome to the group.

Don't worry about your photo. You have plenty of time to do that if you want to.

About your computer... Sometimes they just need to be restarted to flush out the cache. That is the first thing I do when I notice it slowing down and some functions not working well. I just restart it. This goes for Macs and Windows computers.

I'm sorry about your son. That is tragic...

Hi Vitter,
    Welcome to you also. I have FMS and you can view my profile by going to the left side and clicking on my username in blue. I have my photo up and my profile that will tell you a bit about me.

Hugs,
    Faye

7. Bambi

Bambi New Member

back as there is always good info as well as support when you are UP or DOWN. You will find people here to be kind, generous and open to each other..as well as forgiving when it's needed. There is no better board anywhere. WELCOME again! Bambi
  8. Evadyl

Evadyl New Member

Hi Abbeymae

Just wanted to say Hi and welcome to the board.

Love Evadyl