My name is Jenn, I will no longer be defined by this DD

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jenn_c, Sep 29, 2008.

1. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member

1)I will not let it beat me down.
    2) I deserve to be treated with respect from the medical community and will not settle for less.
    3)I deserve to live as pain free as possible.
    4) I have a heart, I am loyal, I am trust worthy, I am sympathetic, EVERYTHING THAT FM IS NOT !!!
    5) I may require pain management and therapy, but I will not be belittled or berated for asking for what my body and mind needs.
    6) I am not a drug attict
    7) I am not mental ( at least not most of the time) HEHEHE
    8) I am woman hear me ROAR HAHAHA

I am a HUMAN BEING and will be Treated as such.
    Thanks for reading and listening.

2. 3gs

3gs New Member

YOU GO WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love it!
  3. fallenstar1962

fallenstar1962 New Member

Loved this post, I think it pretty much sums up the way I feel!! Bravo!! Stand up and take a bow.

soft hugs
  4. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member

Afraid if I stand up and take a bow, I'll fall over.Wouldn't that be a hoot. Jenn
  5. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member

And to the gentlemen , did not mean to leave you guys out, we can add men to it.

Thanks, Jenn
    [This Message was Edited on 09/30/2008]
  6. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Wonderful, Wonderful...Bravo!

You gave me a little perk up this morning! I need that attitude in general right now - that 'fight' in me.

Thanks for posting!
  7. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member

these last couple of weeks. My daughter (16) has been sick, possably endometrousis. Her pain has been off the charts. So between the stress and her staying up hal the night, I am in a flare.

When I hit my low I get pissed and try to do something to fight the beast. And that is when I say "I am woman hear me roar!!" Here is a toast to all the women and men on this message board. Thank you. Youo are the most compassionate and strong.

Peace and hugs * Jenn
  8. vannafeelbettr

vannafeelbettr New Member

9. FMsaddenedspirit

FMsaddenedspirit New Member

very nice.. you give me strength to carry on

Bless you
  10. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member

I still have down days just like everyone else. The really great thing, is when I can't push myself out of a rut I count on people here.

I believe we all have that "fight" in us. It waxes and wanes. When I have it I put it out there for other people to draw from it. And believe it or not, when all of you have your fight shirts on, the rest of us take from that. I haven't been on this board very long, but I learned very early on that we are all here for each other.

So ROAR on my friends. Jenn
  11. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member

My dad had early onset Alzheimers. He passed last June right before he turned 58. I like the ROAR too. I want people to listen up. Get their attention first, then sit for the discussion.

You know what is odd? I was just thinking, there are laws that protect the elders and there are laws that protect the children. WHO PROTECTS US? THE 20, 30, 40 OR 50 SOMETHINGS. Where do we go when we have been wronged? Who protects us from the medical community that has sworn to do no harm, yet will let us suffer in pain because we " may become addicted". Or take away medicine cold turkey and to hell if you have a seizure or you knaw off your arm because of pain.

How do we protect ourselves? I am going to throw this on its own thread as well. This is too inportant not to. Thanks again. Jenn
  12. sweetbeatlvr

sweetbeatlvr New Member

wonderful post!
  13. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member

Thank you for sharing that. I had done alot of advocacy work for direct care workers ( nurses aides, home health aides). I was a direct care worker for 10 years. I know the same principles apply.
    Thanks, Jenn
  14. chrissy12

chrissy12 New Member

Your post was great! You and we are so much more than this DD. I loved it!!!!
  15. Atlanta8

Atlanta8 New Member

Print it on a tshirt.... Wear it to your next appointment.... :p

16. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member

to put on a conference, wouldn't it be cool to host it in D.C. and we can march up on the hill all wearing t-shirts with this on it? OMG what a site that would be. We could have different workshop, you know like, proper nutrition for FMS/CFS/ME, self care, public speaking. and such. Then for our final day there we could have scheduled appts with our State federal reps.asking for more research $'s, $ for public education AND education for doctors and nurses.

ROAR!!!!!! Jenn
    [This Message was Edited on 10/01/2008]
  17. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member