my new bed

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by metoo110, Aug 22, 2002.

1. metoo110

metoo110 New Member

well i did it, i bought my bed. what i ended up with was a latex bed. at the store it felt wonderfull, shouldn't wait to get it home. when we got it home it was a little too hard. i wanted a PERFECT bed, so i was a little disappointed. it cost $1100.00 for the top mattress only, so i thought it should feel wonderfull. it has a 20 year warranty and knowing my husband and i, it will probable be my last bed. (tee hee)

anyway on my other bed i had two feather beds on it, trying to make it comfortable. was disappointed about all the money spent on the feather beds, thinking with the new bed coming i wasn't going to need them anymore.

to cut to the chase i put one feather bed on top of the new mattress, and low and behold i have a PERFECT bed. honest to god it is WONDERFULL!!!!!!! even before putting on the feather bed my hips didn't hurt anymore and could really feel the difference. BUT NOW.......

so this is my mattress story, hope it helps someone. i noticed there was a couple of post about beds today.

before buying the latex bed, i just KNEW i was going to get a memory foam with air, but they just weren't as comfortable. so my bed delema (sp) is solved.

wishing you sweet dreams
    donna
  2. metoo110

metoo110 New Member

well i did it, i bought my bed. what i ended up with was a latex bed. at the store it felt wonderfull, shouldn't wait to get it home. when we got it home it was a little too hard. i wanted a PERFECT bed, so i was a little disappointed. it cost $1100.00 for the top mattress only, so i thought it should feel wonderfull. it has a 20 year warranty and knowing my husband and i, it will probable be my last bed. (tee hee)

anyway on my other bed i had two feather beds on it, trying to make it comfortable. was disappointed about all the money spent on the feather beds, thinking with the new bed coming i wasn't going to need them anymore.

to cut to the chase i put one feather bed on top of the new mattress, and low and behold i have a PERFECT bed. honest to god it is WONDERFULL!!!!!!! even before putting on the feather bed my hips didn't hurt anymore and could really feel the difference. BUT NOW.......

so this is my mattress story, hope it helps someone. i noticed there was a couple of post about beds today.

before buying the latex bed, i just KNEW i was going to get a memory foam with air, but they just weren't as comfortable. so my bed delema (sp) is solved.

wishing you sweet dreams
    donna
  3. Renee T

Renee T New Member

NOW -Could you please tell me EXACTLY what you bought? I f it's not allowed here my e-mail is redhed66749@yahoo.com
    I am desperate for relief from my hard bed, but lost as to what to see about buying.

The only time I have felt anywhere near better - is when we go camping and I sleep on the air mattress and on top of two thick sleeping bags!

I'm about to the point that I'm going to drag the air mattress into the house, air it up, and try that.

PLEASE tell me what you bought!!!

Thanks so much!

Renee T
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Is so soft, it is great. I also use a wireless mattress heating pad on top of the featherbed. Its wonderful for the morning pain and stiffness. I also use a down conforter for cover, its very gentle and lightweight.

I want to try the 'Cuddle Ewe', but have not got one yet.

Pro Health is selling them now in all sizes.

Sweet dreams, glad you found your confort zone.

Shalom, Shirl
  5. seaview

seaview New Member

We also just bought a New englander latex bed and it is a dream! I tried all the others that were advertised to help us but they all hurt so much. So happy to hear you also are enjoying a latex bed.....may you have many restful nites sleep! Blessings....kathleen
  6. Ellie5748

Ellie5748 New Member

My husband and I just bought one a few weeks ago, ( We have twin beds now, because he moves around alot at night and was really causing me quite a bit of pain). I sleep like a baby. The cheapest price I found was 450.00 for a twin. As far as I'm concerned, I'll never want any other kind. Welcome to the wonderful world of painless sleep! Gentle hugs.

Regards,

Ellen
  7. j9miller

j9miller New Member

I am allergic and wonder if it is safe to use a latex bed for anyone? Constant exposure to latex is what causes sensitivity and leads to allergies. Just curious and concerned.

Janine
  8. metoo110

metoo110 New Member

i've now had the bed a week, and am so happy!!!!!

reneet: the exact kind of latex bed i bought was a medium latex bed from jer's bear. i would suggest to anyone to try ALL density (firmness) latex beds. if i would of got the soft latex i probably wouldn't have needed the feater bed. but this way i don't have to feel guilty about having two feather beds in the basment.

you could go to any mattress store, most all carry latex beds. if you don't have a box spring bottom mattress you only need the top mattress. in fact they suggest you don't put it on a bottom with springs. they say you can put plywood between the latex mattress and boxspring if you can't afford the bottom. (they= all the web sites i used to research this).

j9miller: don't know much about allergys, but you don't come in contact with the latex. also it's suppost to be resistant to molds and dust mites and other goodies.

have not had ANY pain in my hips since we got this bed!!! even before i put the feater bed on it. to those who don't know a feather bed is not a mattress, it's about 3 inches of feathers that goes between your mattress and fitted sheet.

i just bought some new sheets, (really into this) my first set of flannel and also got some jersy sheets. both from qvc so i'll be getting them in a couple days.

happy napping to all
    donna
  9. Suze

Suze New Member

....for explaining memory foam to me on my fiberbed thread.

Glad to hear you're enjoying your new bed. I'd never heard of a latex bed until I came here. I must lead a sheltered life...:)

Suze
  10. meandyou

meandyou New Member

Hi,
    I don't know if using the name was ok, if not delete it. I got the bed last weekend and I love it. There was a few days of my back getting use to it because my old bed was so bad. I now sleep like a baby all night. It's a sealy posturepedic plush 2002 model. I hope this helps you with getting a good night sleep. I tried the other things you all talk about and they don't work long term. Happy sleeping.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

meandyou,
    theresa
    [This Message was Edited on 08/25/2002]