My new DR in Spanaway WA listens to me!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bellesmom, Jun 4, 2003.

1. Bellesmom

Bellesmom New Member

I've been to her twice now and she actually seems to be interested in trying to help me altho it's costing me a lot!! A wonderful angel friend went and paid $500 to help me out and I came near to using it up in one trip and the blood work hasn't been done yet because my previous doctor has not forwarded my files. This is a "low income" clinic but it is very close to my home. I do not qualify for a financial break, however.

The doctor is a young woman who seems quite competent, her staff highly recommended her and she wants to re-diagnose me just to make sure first doctor didn't miss something.

So if anyone if this area wants to know who/where she is, let me know.

My bones have been feeling like they're breaking lately in legs and arms. Excruciating pain - the evolution of this thing is amazing. When you think you've had every kind of pain known to man/woman, something else comes up!!

Thank you all for being here. Just had to share my good news.

Love
    Pam
    Spanaway, WA, USA
  2. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

Congrats!

I am finally referred to a rheumy and look forward to my visit in 2 weeks. He is also on the "good Dr." list.

Thank God for angel friends, I'm glad you are getting some help.
  3. RLCarter03

RLCarter03 New Member

I would love your information on the doc in Spanaway! I am on public ass. for my medical right now and have the option to change from Group Death. If she is in one of the plans I can use her, or I am sure I can qualify for the low income part. I could really use a doctor that actually listens. I have been fighting the docs at GD for 4 years now. They either think I am a hypachondriac or a drug addict. So sick of them all!!!!!! Thanks for the good word and in advance for the info. God Bless You
  4. judywhit

judywhit New Member

this is 15mn from home. I would like to know her name. thanks for bringing this up and sharing this.
    Judy
  5. Bellesmom

Bellesmom New Member

So here goes:

Her name is Nurit Licht - she is blond, young and really nice. She is at the Spanaway Medical Clinic, 134 188th Street, Spanaway, WA 98387 and her tel # is 253-847-2304. There is also a physician's assistant (male) at this clinic. It is a huge, new clinic and there should be about 6 doctors but so far they only have the 2. It is part of a larger low-income facility that has about 7 clinics now. I go there because it is close to my home and I just took a chance that she might help me. So far I don't know as my previous MD up the road from there HAS NOT forwarded my paperwork! So I cannot have bloodwork done until his office does that.

Anyway - hope this helps those who asked for the info since I, too, know the feeling of not knowing where to turn when looking for a good primary care physician.

Let me know what you think after you have seen her. I hope this helps someone out there. I have received SO much help from this website!!

God bless
    Pam
  6. RLCarter03

RLCarter03 New Member

Thank you so much for getting permission to use your doctor's information. I will be calling there first thing on Monday to see what kind of insurance they take or if I can just pay. Really doesn't make any difference at this point. Just want someone that LISTENS!! You are a doll!! Thanks again.
  7. Ponygirl

Ponygirl New Member

Isnt Lacey near Spanaway? Found an ad in the Seattle Times for a lecture on Fibro, June 18th at 6;30. It's up here in Seattle but thought you might have head of this guy since you are in the area?Good luck with you new Doc