My New Motto Is ...............................................

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JLH, Feb 26, 2006.

1. JLH

JLH New Member

My new motto is:

I feel like it's a good day if I wake up and I am above ground (and not six feet under)!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Hugs to everyone!
    Janet
  2. Lindy2

Lindy2 New Member

I recently discovered a new motto also, Keep on living!

Thanks for sharing,
    Lindy
  3. Toga

Toga Member

I write down quotes I like in a hardbound book with blank pages.

"When the tides of life turn against you
    And the current upsets your boat,
    Don't waste those tears on what might have been;
    Just lay on your back and float."
    -Art Carney

Toga
  4. Cakeart

Cakeart New Member

I am in a flare, and Saturday we went to the big city for a family outing. Even in my powerchair my body would just suddenly throb in one place, then it would stop and the next minute it would be unbearable in another spot. Instead of whining I just decided to laugh. I would tell my family, "my body is so silly, or fickle, itjust can't make up it's mind where it should hurt! And I would laugh. It helped get me through the day and my family had a much better time than they would have if I just complained. I hope I can laugh from now on at my silly, fickle bod!

God bless, cakeart
  5. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I like it Janet!

I try to see the "30 second blessings" in my life. A call from my daughter, a squirel ( used to know how to spell that!), in the tree when I sit in my car at the park for lunch, my golden retriever greeting me with his smile and tail wag in the morning.

I also use the "Highlight of my day". When some thing beautiful happens, a sunrise, a sunset, the glint of sun on water, or a glorious moon, maybe even just a child playing, I stop and tell myself "this is the highlight of my day."

I might have only 1 or maybe 50, but each is the highlight of my day. 30 second blessings seem to come even on a really bad day, highlights take a little more work on those days. But there is always something, even if it is just that you managed to clean the toilet today!

Hugzz,
    Greenbean

Stop and smell the puppies!
  6. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I needed a good laugh! Thank you!

Sofi