My New Motto

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by petsrme, Nov 14, 2005.

1. petsrme

petsrme Member

You should have contact with your closest friends through the most intimate and exclusive of all media. The telephone
    - Andy Warhol

I just read this quote from Andy Warhol and it struck me that he would probably be the type of guy, in this day in age, who would love email and the internet.

He was fascinated with telephones and I am not sure, but I believe he had some social issues that made it his favorite venue for communicating so he could avoid going out.

Since I am now even terrified of even the phone I would like to adopt Andy's phrase and give it my twist:

"You should have contact with your closest friends through the most intimate and exclusive of all media. The internet."

Pets

LOL! I know I am a little nutty, but that is just the way I feel. Hope you didn't mind my sharing.
  2. jaltair

jaltair New Member

I have found myself avoiding answering the phone. I'd rather write an e-mail anytime. That's bad. I think it's because I have more control over what I write. Sometimes I stick my foot in my mouth (actually more than sometimes). Also, the stupid fibro fog . . I actually can stop mid sentence and forget what I was going to say!

Ohhhhh! Jeannette
  3. petsrme

petsrme Member

Thanks guys! glad you got what i meant!
  4. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I get phone calls for my husband who does not go by his fist name and every one who knows him knows that so when I phone calls I have said that no one by that name lives here and it really makes me angry when people call and ask for him at 8 am and they know darn well that he is
    not home in the daytime , heleaves at 7 am.

Our bills are listed by his inatials. HE has a 30 minute drive to get to work so he leave by 7:15 , they all know this so why do they call and sound so surpised that he is not at home? I now unplug the phone right after he leaves for work so I don't get phone calls.

I have pet peeves about the people who can't read either. Our door bell has not worked for 5 years so I have a paper haging over the door bell that says Please knock door bell does not work,. They don't knock they pound on every door there is .

They pound , bang and I swear some times I can feel the vibratations from the hittinng the door so hard.
    Like I am going to answer the door when I don't know who is pounding on my door. And do they have to keep it up for so long. YOu would think that after a few minutes that no one is home or going to answer the door but no way they keep it up till I want to scream.

I don't answer it either. I am sleeping, soundly finnaly in a good deep sleep and someone bangs and pounds on my door do they think I am nut and going to answer the door WRONG ANSWER!

It is not like i have little kids here I am a grandma and 2 of the 3 daughters are married and the only one who is not married is in Wilton Ct, as a nanny. She does not call till after 7pm here and my other daughters will call later on in the day but they know better than to call me in the early morning.

So it is after 2 am and I am going to go to bed. It has been one of those days and I cna't sleep but I am going to try again. Wish me luck.
    Rosemarie