My New TMJ Splint

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Zzzsharn, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Zzzsharn

Zzzsharn New Member

I got my anterior repostioning splint yesterday.

I'm amazed.

After the first 3 hours of wearing it.. the headache I've had for the last 6 months or so started to ease up..

I woke up this morning- with less pain everywhere in my body. Only a slight headache and I just want to run to my drs office and kiss him!!!!

Now, I'm still having jaw pain,a little ear pain, it's really hard to eat, and my speech is jumbled and lispy.. but it's getting better the more talk.

If I feel this much improvement in less than 24 hours, I can't imagine how good I'll feel in a few days or weeks..

Well, keeping my fingers crossed anyway..

I'm so pleased- so far.

Yah!
    Sharon
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

Glad to hear that it's helping you!! Headaches are so so miserable! had alot of them about a year ago (migraines) finally nailed what was causing them! (Sun and sugar!) now wear a hat when out most of the time and trying really hard to eliminate sugar!

Is the splint your waring like a wire or a neckbrace? Pain relief is so nice!
  3. Zzzsharn

Zzzsharn New Member

Hi Sisland-

It's a splint that fits over my bottom teeth to stabalize my jaw. It looks like waxed lips and paperclips...

I think I had a headache for so long, I forgot what it's like to NOT have one.

I'm thrilled for the relief! Glad you found the source of your headaches..

Take Care,
    Sharon
  4. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

I am so glad you are having success in such a short period of time! I will be happy once I'm to that point and can feel some relief too! Do you use the same one for night or do you have a special on for sleeping?

Raz
  5. Zzzsharn

Zzzsharn New Member

Raz,
    I wear the same one around the clock..

The only time I get to take it out is to brush my teeth and clean the appliance, and even then the Dr. said not to let my teeth close all the way.

I am so suprised at the difference already..

I hope one will work for you too!

Sharon
  6. victoria

victoria New Member

I'm so happy for you, it sounds like you have a really good doctor!!!!!

all the best,
    Victoria

7. Zzzsharn

Zzzsharn New Member

Victoria- I go to see my Dr. on Monday morning - I'm going to RUN into his arms and give him a huge hug--

Sharon
  8. tejanya

tejanya New Member

i have tmj but wear dentures. not sure how they can help me, but will try. now i just need to find the time to get to the dental clinic. seems i do not work much but if something like this comes up, i work alot. must be something from uncle murphy. thanks for the info.