My new words to live by

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Greenbean7, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

This was in our newspaper this morning and it just struck me as really pertinent to my life. I've sent a copy to my DD and asked her to have it read (100 years from now!) at my funeral!

"CHOOSE JOY: One thing that distinguishes you from the animal kingdom is your ability to control your attitude. You choose your thoughts, so, for today, choose joy.

SMILE ON PURPOSE: Regardless of how you are feeling, greet the next person you see (even if it is a family member) with a smile and sincere pleasantry such as, “Isn’t this a wonderful day?”

DON’T DWELL ON PROBLEMS: Refuse to worry unless you have a pencil and paper in front of you. With those tools in hand, your worrying automatically becomes a planning session. Write down creative and positive ideas.

DON’T BE FOOLED BY DISGUISES: Your troubles are brilliant opportunities disguised as impossible situations. Those who recognize this truth are experts at turning lemons into lemonade.

What you can do matters much more than what you can’t. Focus on getting through the mess or, it it’s not going away, find a way to persevere joyfully. Your greatness will never be measured by wealth or position but by what it takes to make you quit. That’s why you must never, ever give up. No matter what."

The Blue Collar Comedy comic Ron White says if life gives you lemons, find some one who life gave tiquila!

Stop and smell the puppies!
  2. mezombie

mezombie Member

Thanks for sharing this! I try to live my life that way, but sometimes forget. I'm going to print this out so I have it at my bedside.
  3. ckball

ckball New Member

Great reminder, couldn't have said it better myself- Have a great day! I am going to-Carla
  4. Jordane

Jordane New Member

Such a positive way to look at things,one should carry this in their pockets to haul out when the day seems too hard to get thru.:>)

Thanks Greenbean!!
  5. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

Hi Greenbean - This is a great post and thanks for sharing.