My once in a blue moon idea!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gapsych, Feb 5, 2010.

1. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I hope I am not reinventing the wheel but would it be doable to have a sticky at the top of the board with a listing of books, possibly other media related to Fibromyalgia, CFS. ME and related conditions that come with these DDs? It could also be movies, web sites, other resources but I don't know if that would be too much logistically. Could this be incorporated in the PH library? Maybe under other resources?

What do people think? Any other ideas? If this has already been done, just chalk it up to my brainfog and point me in the right direction!!

There are a couple of books mentioned in the other post I am interested in but did not write them down nor can I remember the titles. One title may have been where FM was under an umbrella diagnosis of fatiguing illnesses but that is all I remember.

Thanks in advance.

This could also be used on other boards on PH,

Just food for thought.

2. quanked

quanked Member

I think I have seen a couple of posts about this idea over the years I have been here.

For me, I do not think just a list without some kind of summary of the film, book, whatever, would be of much use. I have a stack of books on FM AND CFS that I wish I had never bought. Some of them are too technical and I can no longer grasp complex thoughts, for the most part. I was desperate back then--when I bought them--for information. I guess I still am.

I have a great need of organized information on many things related to these damn dd's. I would like to see lists of supplements and vitamins and herbs and more that detail what they are used for and how they are used. I have books. And of course, if I could have all that I desire (regarding accessible information) it would be written for the not so bright : ) so I can maybe understand.

There is lots of information here on this site but it is scattered and sometimes written by people who have high functioning brains. When I think of all the information about various treatments and protocols I have read about here it causes my brain to constrict.

It would be fabulous to have a place where information is easily accessible. Thanks for posting your idea.

3. richvank

richvank New Member

Hi, gapsych.

As you know, you and I haven't always agreed on everything :)-). However, I think your
    "blue moon" idea is a good one. There is a small number of books on CFS that I would recommend, and also quite a few that I wouldn't :)-). Like one of the other posters, I have unfortunately invested in quite a few that really haven't turned out to be all that helpful.

Of course, my recommendations would be colored by my view of CFS, and I know that others have differing views.

Best regards,

4. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I am talking about books on a variety of views, not just the ones that represent one particular view. Maybe categorize them in some way. If we want to investigate further, look into reviews, etc. that would be up to us and not make a thread like this so cumbersome. There could even be a post about places to look for reviews, discussions about the book. Then a post about a post about a post........., LOL!!

Knowledge is power!!

Jean, thanks for the recommendations. I do know of the two books you are referring to but not the one I am looking for. Darn brain fog!!! Great start for a list.

You are extremely generous with your time.

Anyone else?

5. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Good idea, Gap!
  6. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

just wanted to add my support to the idea