MY PAIN IS BETTER WITH VICODEN

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by myalgiamania, Sep 12, 2006.

1. myalgiamania

myalgiamania New Member

DOC just gave me a new prescription for vicoden and it's working well on the pain. i felt sick to my stomach at first though. it makes me weak and shakey, but it's better than all of the pain,

God Bless Everyone...
  2. petsrme

petsrme Member

I'm so glad you found something that helps with the pain. That is just wonderful. Just be careful of the shakiness and you will be fine. Thanks for sharing.
  3. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

I am so glad you have found something for your pain. Doesnt it feel great?!

I too am on Vicodin 10/325,...some people call it Norco. It has less acetominophen in it than the average Vicodin so it is better on the liver. I take it in combination with Cymbalta for pain.

If it bothers your stomach you can take it with food. Otherwise they say that taking it on an empty stomach makes it more effective.

Hugs,
    Stephanie
  4. petsrme

petsrme Member

Bumping for Myalgia
    [This Message was Edited on 09/13/2006]
  5. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

I stuck to tylenol, stopped NSAIDS after VIoxx caused me a stomach bleed, and I just didn't manage my pain well, and I sunk lower and lower and my symptoms got worse and worse.

Finally, I changed to an esteemed doctor and she just flat out told me that if I didn't manage the pain better my immune system, which we discovered was shot, would never recover. Pain plays havoc with so many things.

I finally began half a Vicodin at night, and half of one ocasionally, when things were really bad, and I may be getting a little better.

Last night, I had one of those things where I started chilling and feeling as though I was developing a fever, and hurt in every spot on my body, gave in, took a Vicodin, and in 45 minutes the pain was gone, the chilling was gone, and I could walk.