My pain is significantly better on Klonopin andDoxepin

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nancyb16, Sep 17, 2003.

1. nancyb16

nancyb16 New Member

I have been taking Klonopin for RLS and Doxepin small dose to have a night where I don't wake up until it's morning. I think it's been almost 2 weeks and I have much less pain, I use to take codeine #3 every night and I did sleep but not every time. I still was useing alot of Advil, which I have taken for years and the more I read about it causing anemia especially in Older people and often Gastric Bleeds, I am thrilled to not be taking them seldom, in fact I can't remember the last time I took any thing for pain. One of the things that I think has helped is the Klon and Dox. Happy as a clam. Love nancyb16 PS anyone else have this experience? Please share.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/17/2003]
  2. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

And I wish that they worked that way for me but as I am one who has strange rections to medications I can't be choosy . With them I have not had a bad reaction so I am staying with them. I take them for depression and anxiety. Along with MANY other meds for pain . I sometime sfeel like I should have a share in the pharmacy because I have so many opills Rosemarie
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

There is a study being conducted to see whether Klonopin disrupts the pain signals in the brain. It does seem to help with pain.

Love, Mikie
  4. Bratnut

Bratnut New Member

Hi,

I've been using Klonopin for a few months now and have found that not only do I have less pain, my attitude is better. I didn't realize how bad my anxiety attacks (stress!) were until I started on it. Then my dentist told me yesterday that I have very, overly developed "chewing muscles" from stress. Guess it was worse than I thought. :) I've tried many others..much more expensive with less relief. Haven't tried the Doxepin.

Good luck..

Patricia
  5. janana

janana New Member

I just started Klonopin 5 days ago and I would say my pain is reduced 80%!! I had the best sleep last night in over a yr. I was going on broke up 4 hrs. And I run a datcare!! I take mag, zinc and b6 with it at night. Seems to help. Good luck to you!! Janana

[ advertisement ]